Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: About to have surgery  (Read 710 times)

Offline mary27

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
About to have surgery
« on: May 21, 2005, 02:20:15 AM »
Hello,
      I am new here and am about to have surgrey for the fist time on Tuesday(May 25). I am having a Arthroscopy Fulkerson on my left knee. This comes after many years of dislocations and a presistant pain(only at age 27). I have been told by the doctor what will be done and what to expect but I was hoping on getting some advice from people that have had it done. What helped to make recovery easier, how long before you could move around on crutches, or drive a car, ect. I have two small children age 5 and 2 that will be staying with my parents but I am hoping that they will not have to stay gone to long. Also how do you manage houshold chores like landry and vacuming I hate to think that my husband will be in charge of that for a few months. Thank you for any advice or words of encouragement.
                                                           Mary

shadehawk

Re: About to have surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 02:26:07 AM »
Mary,  ;D

Hi, welcome to the board.  If you go to the section Rehab Dept - then go to the Post-Op Diary section you'll find posts in that section about the Fulkerson procedure.

Good luck with your surgery on Tuesday, May 25 and let us know how everything is going.

Shade

support