Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 7 months into rehab and knee still stiff  (Read 858 times)

Offline ngrandhi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
7 months into rehab and knee still stiff
« on: May 20, 2005, 02:32:56 PM »
Hi,

I'm just whining here as I am 7 months into my rehab but feel that my knee and calf area is still stiff and bothers me. I tore my ACL and damaged my meniscus while playing tennis. Had surgery, ACL reconstruction with a hamstring graft. Rehab has been going fine, muscle seems to be developing but I have numbness along the inner face of my calf and MOST ANNOYING, my nerves go crazy very frequently. There is a tight band like feeling just below the knee where the graft was taken. Just looking for words of assurance if someone has experienced this. I want to also know if you think I should get another opinion. When I asked my OS he said he hadn't seen that kind of discomfort in others. So HELP.

V

Offline Nick_Knack

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • User's Text
Re: 7 months into rehab and knee still stiff
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 06:32:15 PM »
check out the cruciate section  below on this website.

GOod Luck

nick
1989 rt ACL (+25 degrees ext loss)
1994 rt ACL resection (+ 10 deg)
2001 rt ACL revision (+ 10 deg)
2003 rt med meniscus repair (+10 deg)
2004 rt LOA and post capsulotmy (zero degrees)
2005 rt LOA and tib bone plug removal (even w/ other leg)
2006 rt Fulkerson TTT & ACI Carticel

Offline desiree1

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: 7 months into rehab and knee still stiff
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 01:06:34 PM »
Hi V,

Im now nearly at the 9 month stage post Op and I to have that tight band feeling under the knee and some numbness in that area ,i've just got used to it and kind of accepted it...my knee has also been stiff esp. around the quads but just recently its improved I guess all the gym and cycling is paying off.My left leg is still not the size of the right one but the muscles are slowly taking shape..
I have clicking/clunking in my knee which im having a scope on in 3 weeks to try and rectify it my OS thinks its scar tissue and hopes to correct it.
Im doing a 10k run tomorrow and have been playing a bit of tennis its only recently that my knee/leg is beginnig to feel alot stronger to the point where it feels normalish again.
Have you had any clicking in your knee ?, its been a long road to recovery but my aim is to play football again but at 36 years old its going to be tough but im determind to.

Hang in there

Chris   
ACL Hamstring Graft left/15th Sep 04
Scope Medial Meniscus Trim left/15th Jun 05
Scope Medial & Lateral Meniscus Trim/04th May 06

support