Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: patellar tendon surgery- yipee!!!  (Read 2063 times)

Offline artgf

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
patellar tendon surgery- yipee!!!
« on: May 18, 2005, 10:17:09 PM »
hello. after reading my MRI today, my OS informed me that i ruptured my patellar tendon and i am having surgery in two days. just wondering if anyone has had similar surgery and how their recovery went(or is going). he gave me a month off work so that kinda eased my mind. he said i won't be able to bend my knee for a good 3 months or so because he is going to have to use a wire going from my patella to my shinbone to keep the two ends of the tendon together while they heal. well wish me luck on my knee adventure and i'll keep you guys posted. i am happy that i found this board as it has made me realize that i am not alone in my knee problems. thanx for listening.
04/11/05- ruptured patellar tendon skateboarding in pool
05/20/05- Patellar tendon reconstuctive surgery
08/02/05 cleared for PT
08/05/05 started PT
01/20/06- wire removed-time to strengthen that quad!

Offline SarahJane

• Forum Faithful
Re: patellar tendon surgery- yipee!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 10:26:24 PM »
Hi ya, and welcome to our RPT club!   ;D

check out the Ruptured Patellar Tendon thread on this message board ... loads of info and support available!

S

Jan 05: Avulsed Patella Tendon (YUK)
Wired together Feb 05
Constant pain after Cast removed
2nd Op Nov05 to remove a 2cm piece of Bone from my Patella Tendon!!!
2 months later STOP physio due to Pain & Crepitus
Feb 06: Ultrasound shows NO Patella Tendon!
No plans for the future! :-/

Offline ferris_1972

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 11:48:39 PM »
You have ALOT of work ahead of you . You should definitely read through the Patellar Tendon thread there are about 50 pages of info on there. I ruptured mine on April 23 and had surgery on April 29. Be prepared for the worst two nights sleep ever. Make sure you take advantage of any pain meds during that time and be SURE to ice often or you will be sorry. I have been back to my OS and I am scheduled for PT on June 3rd. Make sure you stick to whatever your OS says to do. How did you injure yourself? Mine was a softball injury. I was told I will be out of work for 12-16 weeks. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone on the other thread, they will be a great source of information for you .

Shawn
Rupture Patellar Tendon 4/23/05
Repaired 4/29/05
PT Begins 6/1/05
Return to work 9/1/05

Offline artgf

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 11:51:34 PM »
thanks for your replies guys. i injured myself skating a pool with some buddies. thanx for the heads up in the pain dept. i will make sure to do everything by the book.  ;)
04/11/05- ruptured patellar tendon skateboarding in pool
05/20/05- Patellar tendon reconstuctive surgery
08/02/05 cleared for PT
08/05/05 started PT
01/20/06- wire removed-time to strengthen that quad!

support