Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Can my life get any worse? Please tell me no.  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Frogfan

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Can my life get any worse? Please tell me no.
« on: April 19, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »
 :'(

Hey all....

Well like 2 weeks ago my boyfriend of 3 1/2 yrs broke up with me. I also told him and found out I have to have another surgery as my Oats I guess failed or needed more to be done. I am having an allograft on my left knee..I guess similar operation but I am so messed up because of now with the boyfriend thing, the knee thing, as I am just kind of recovering to the point since last Aug, now I can walk at least but limp a bit and am in pain everyday..and now have to pack and find a new apartment...with the money I am on workers comp...UGH! My ex is helping me to get into the apartment initially, but I am so scared to be helpless even though I may have a nurse for like a few hrs a day for a week or so...

How can everything happen at once??

He said the second surgery (my ex), that it kind of came into his face and he realized I would be out of work probably another 4 months or more as I really have not worked now since Aug 04 due to my slip and fall and having to have the 1st surgery due to that....Ok...well...

I am so glad I have all you guys out there...maybe actually there may be people in Florida. I am in Ft Lauderdale, would love to have new friends locally as well :)

Thanks for your words of encouragement..hint hint..LOL..well I guess I cvan laugh a lil thru the tears...

I feel this dam accident and the surgeries following it, have been the death of my love life, career and running/wallkin g/scuba future...I dunno...

Sheri
8-27-04 OATS Procedure
2-05 1st injection Hyalgan Injections
2-05 2nd injection of Hyalgan
3-14-05 3rd Injection of Hyalgan

Offline beckyc

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
Re: Can my life get any worse? Please tell me no.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 02:49:31 PM »
Well Sheri, all I can say is if he can't stand behind you now when you need him, it is better to find out now. Who knows what the future will bring, it would be horrible to have him leave if something worse came your way. There is obviously something better out there for you. Just think of this as an opportunity to find out what that better thing is. And as far as being "alone" for awhile, well this gives you an opportunity to take some "me" time. Find new friends, learn something new, just enjoy yourself. See how amazing you can be and get through this rough patch. I realize the surgery is a big worry of the alone part, but do the best you can and count on the fact that when you reached the end of your rope, someone will step up and help you out. Who knows who that person will be, but God will send them your way. I bet you will be surprised by how strong you can be. And anytime you just need a boost, know that the great people on this forum will step up and keep you strong.
Good Luck,
Becky

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 10:17:52 PM »
sheri...it always seems that bad things come in threes....and certainly you have had your quota....the only thing you can do is try to get thru the best way you can and save as much energy as possible for the surgery and recovery...sorry that you are having a rough go...i have been there at times during six recoveries and surgeries where certain other bad things seemed to happen at that time....

in any case..sending you positive vibes and big hugs

ronnie
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 11:14:56 PM »
Sherri~
Sorry to hear about your breakup with your bf!It must be a tough time for you but keep your head up. You sounded pretty positive in your post even though you were upset, whcih is always good. I know its frusterating with always having alot of knee problems but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and many times this theory has proved me right. Just give it some time. Hope you feel loads better!!
Krista
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

Offline Frogfan

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 04:13:14 PM »
Thanks everyone...

I am trying to be positive...My surgery has npt happened yet..I think it will be next week when I am to move into my new apartment like the week or 2 after....

I mean he is helping me to get an apartment and also says he'll make sure he checks on me to see I am ok...it just hurts...This is not the time to lose a bf it is the time ot keep or gain one :) I think when going thrpugh soemthing like knee surgery it is tuff to go it pretty much alone....So...I will do my best ...

Hugs to all...

And Ron keep your chin up too ...

Sheri
8-27-04 OATS Procedure

brattkids2

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 08:21:35 PM »
Sorry to hear that you are having such a rough go lately!!! Things will just have to get better soon!!

As for your knee do you know when your allograft will be?? I have had 2 OATS and I believe this one has failed also and I will be up for an allograft. I go in May 12 to remove a loose body (the cap to the OATS graft) and assess the healing of the OATS. Please keep me posted on how you do!!

Sorry again to hear about the bf but it is better now to find out then late. I know its so easy to say on this end and hopefully in time you will see also!!!

Paulette

Offline Frogfan

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 03:23:17 AM »
My surgery is On April 28 th @ 11:15 AM

Wish me luck..I hope I can pull through this one ok. I hope I can get better.

Thanks

Sheri
8-27-04 OATS Procedure

Offline Teresa_S

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 04:37:36 AM »
Sheri, Best of luck with the outcome of your surgery.Somehow, we all seem to find the inner strength to pull through, and hopefully this time is will solve your problems. Our thoughts will be with you, and I hope that helps with a feeling of inner peace as the time nears. Teresa
On going instrumentation failure, chronic infection,
Arthroscopes Left 11 Right 2, MRSA, L TKR  ,  Revision, LR x5, Medial and lateral meniscus repair, Broken prosthesis
Osteochondral Fracture,untreated 6 mths. Revision new tkr 01-07 awaiting new hip and right knee
R TKR pending

Offline sharon_g

• Regular Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 10:51:43 PM »
sheri-

I have been there - I am there.

I had an ACL reconstruction two weeks ago and my boyfriend broke up with me about three weeks before the scheduled surgery.  He still helped/ helps me out and everything, but he was there through the long saga of my broken leg and the surgery to follow that.  It really sucks going though everything alone and I cry alot, but I am still making progress one day at a time, licking my own wounds and just trying to smile when I feel like screaming at the world.  The worst is to have the comparison of when he was there versus now he is gone.  I wish he would just go away, but I need the help and he has been there for me since - driving me around to PT or errands.

I just try to hang in there and each day gets easier, even with the healing process.  I don't know what is worse, bending my knee with my PT (bending to where no knee has bent before - or at least mine, this week) or knowing there is no one at home to help.  It sucks.

Please hang in there and let it all out - we are all here for you...

sharon
R TPFX-Type I/II-No Surgery,stress fracture - 01/04
Scope 05/04- meniscus cleanup,femur,tibia and patella cartilage shaving, femoral cartilage degeneration
MCL Strain (Healed Long)
ACL hamstring reconstruction (healed long) - 4/21/05

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 11:35:41 AM »
hey sheri..hope you are recovering nicely in all ways.............hang in there and pls let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it........

big huge monster hugs and healing vibres....

ronnie
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline faith4me2

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
    • God's Havens for Children
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 06:43:20 PM »
Sherri,
 Remember that you have the strength inside you to get you through. Hang on to your friends and family that are emotionally supporting you right now. I have had knee surgeries since 1975. The last one was  TKR in 1999. I still have (at least) one more TKR on my right within the next 5 years. I was 39 on the day of my first TKR, and it was a long haul to recooping (plus 5 children at home as well). If it had not been for family and friends who trully see the inside of me and not the outside physical part of me, I would have never made it through. This week I finally saw a Rheumotologist for the first time. He highly suspects that all my knee and other problems I have had my entire life is due to RA. He is currently running tests to confirm RA or rule it out. Infact, my youngest daughter told me after the preliminary diagnosis, "Mom, if your outside body matched your knowledge, you would be great".  What a nice sentiment for a 20 year old to say to her mom. I hope you the best in your endeavors. If you need to chat, please let me know. I don't know what I can do to help you, but as a mother of 6 and 6 knee surgeries (one for every child maybe?), maybe at least I can be empathic and supportive to you. And oh, I do work for a ministry as well.

Blessings,

faith4me2
1975 Meniscus Tear:  (left knee) surgery-yes, the "old fashioned way"
1979 -Jan:  Meniscus Tear -Arthoscopic Exploratory- left knee
1979 - March: surgery
1989 Meniscus Debridement-right knee
1993 Debridement-right knee
1999: TKR left knee
2005: Diagnosed with RA

shadehawk

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2005, 01:25:47 PM »
Sheri,

Hope all has gone well with your surgery.  Hope you'll post soon and let us know how you are doing.

Good luck with your recovery.

Shade