Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Thumb stuff  (Read 2080 times)

Offline wriggley

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • Bad Spellers of the World Untie!
Thumb stuff
« on: January 02, 2003, 05:17:12 PM »
happy New year Guys,

anyway i kind of high-jacked SL99 post.  Has any of u guys out there with HMS and/or EDS had problems with thumb or scaphoid breaks.  I seem to have repeatedly broken or torn the ligaments in this area and was wondering if anyone else had similar problems.  At the minute i have my left thumb strapped heavily and as you can imagine thats crutches or my chair of the menu for a while!

hope 2003 is good to you

emma  ;D ;D ;D
Paraplegic(inc. L5) due to a spinal cord bleed along with previous knee and hypermobility problems

SL99

Re: Thumb stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2003, 08:49:13 PM »
Hi Emma,

Sorry to hear you've got thumb trouble too - must be the fashionable thing!  ;)

I'm actually hvaing my thumb fused because of the instability and ligament damages all my dislocation have caused, so can't relate completely to your problem I'm afraid. But I can equate the trouble it causes for crutches/wheelchairs as I've had the devils own job getting around the past 5 weeks too!

Hmmm, perhaps some of the links people have posted on my thumb thread could be of use to you? Particularly the Hand University one which seems to be really indepth and interesting. Hope you find something useful from it.  :)

Take care adn good luck with your thumb.

Jo
xx

support