Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Assistance welcome  (Read 770 times)

Offline Gramac

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Assistance welcome
« on: May 03, 2005, 09:24:40 AM »
Hi All,
I slipped and fell last Thursday pm and subsequent tests show "A small linear tear with fluid in mid line of quadriceps well above the patella with a maximum dimension of 2.6cm - There is fluid in the supratella pouch, indicating joint effusion and minor joint pathology"
The knee and thigh are still quite swollen
Advice from the doctor was to rest at first but then to increase activity gradually and use the leg more this week, depending less on crutches.
Muscle spasm when moving has decreased somewhat but remains - have used heat pad before movement and can now bend kne to aboabout 80 degress and almost straight but stiffness increases beyonfd that significantly.
Compared to many of the people on here I am well off but hope that you can help me develop a plan to assist my recovery whilst avoiding the potential for damage or increased pain.
Good luck with your issues too
Graham

Offline Beauzer

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • I want to become the person my dog thinks I am
Re: Assistance welcome
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 12:13:14 PM »
Hi Graham,

A quad tear can be a real pain (pardon the pun).  Typically they heal well, but take a while.  Make sure you keep moving so you don't get too stiff.  If you find that it's not becoming easier to bend and straighten the knee, I'd talk to your doctor quickly.  You may want to talk to a physical therapist so they can help you come up with an exercise program. 

Good luck,
Danielle
32 - R knee gone to hell
lat. meniscus 94
ACL, chondroplasty 98
Chondroplasty 99
Screw fell out into joint, med. meniscus, microfracture 99
MCL/med. capsule recon, med. meniscus 00
Chondroplasty 04
Chrondroplasty 1/05
OATS 4/05 for OCD lesion
AVN, MFC fracture 10/05