Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Excellent physios?  (Read 732 times)

Offline micropaedia

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Excellent physios?
« on: May 02, 2005, 03:44:29 PM »
Hi all,

I've been suffering from bilateral patellofemoral pain for the last year.  The problems started after a rather hard walk through marshland and at the time, I expected them to last a couple of days! In the past year, I've had bi-lateral X-Rays and MRI scans and the conclusion seemed to be that the problem was one of maltracking and that no surgical intervention was required.  I've been doing various Quad, VMO, Gluteus Medius and core stability strengthening exercises for the last twelve months and these have had a visible affect (you can now see at least some muscle  ;)) and the pain is tempered to some extent, but it's still there.  I'm wearing custom orthoses. I haven't been climbing for >12 months and haven't done a "decent" walk in that time (I enjoy[ed] mountain walking) and it's starting to get me down. Pain tends to be particularly bad when sat down for long periods....and I have a desk job :(

Anyway, I think it might be time to get a fresh look at the problem, even though I've been pretty confident with my own physio thus far.  I basically just want to get the "best" physio around to give me an opinion on whether or not something may have been missed or whether I just need to keep plugging away.

I've done a lot of reading and various clinics seem to come up a lot (e.g. Droitwich, Wellington) but comments tend to be more for OSs than physio treatment.  Does anyone have any top recommendations?  In an ideal world, they'd be in the Bath/Bristol area, but I've got to the stage where I'd pretty much travel anywhere!

Many thanks for your help,

John

support