Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Osgood schlatters help....  (Read 4081 times)

Offline chud

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Osgood schlatters help....
« on: May 01, 2005, 08:17:42 PM »
Hi people,
             I am just about to start playing sport again having been out of soccer for about 5 months due to osgood schlatters disease. I don't want to cause myself any damage by doing too much too quickly and was just wondering if anyone that has been in this position could offer me any advice? 
Thanks   :D

Offline Talli05

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
Re: Osgood schlatters help....
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 02:48:56 AM »
I haven't really been in your same situation but if you have a physical therapist now, one that you really like maybe they could help you start a program for getting back in shape. My advice is just to start off real easy and on soft surfaces, i don' really have ne experience with Osgood but i do kno that getting back into shape after having knee problems is no easy task-sry i couldn't be of more help
                                    Laura
2 surgeries dedicated to plica removal. 1 to remove scar tissue in my left knee. And another “pie crusting” of my IT Band. As of 2012 I am still not recovered.

Offline chud

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 08:29:34 PM »
Thanks laura. How did you get back into shape after your knee problem(s)?

Offline vix

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 08:28:00 PM »
my son has been suffering with severe osgood schlatters for about 10 months now, they have put him in plaster for four weeks, also operated on both knees as he has it bilaterall,the operation has been unsucessful .I would just say tread very carefully as he played occasional rugby when it wasnt very bad and now he cannot leave the house although the surgeon has said he hasnt seen a case as bad for many many years.

support