Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Right Knee pain  (Read 832 times)

Offline rglee33

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Right Knee pain
« on: May 01, 2005, 07:32:44 PM »
I am having pain in my right knee. The pain is just to the right and slightly below the kneecap. The pain occurs primarily when I am climbing a steep incline or stairs. It also hurts when I try to get out of a chair. In fact, that is when it hurts the most. When I am walking across a flat surface, I hardly feel any pain at all. There is also pain when I press on the area with my finger.
I am not sure if this was caused by injury or just getting older. I am a 45 year old male. It has been doing this on and off for the past year, but this is the worst that it has been. I appreciate any advice.    Thanks!!

Rodney
RGL

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
Re: Right Knee pain
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 07:41:24 PM »
You may want to go see a doctor, but it could be a lateral mensicus tear. Did you remember injuring it or hearing a pop at all or did it just sort of come on? It could also just be that you have aggrivated the back of your kneecap, which usually comes with age. Hope your feeling better
kri8sta
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

Offline Ronxski

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 09:09:18 PM »
Yes Rodney, sounds like it could be a meniscus thing. Pure speculation on my part... What I did when I suspected more than a normal sprain or bruise was go to see an Orthopedic Surgeon instead of a GP. As I figured it would save me  some money and one dr. visit, knowing it was probably going to need possible surgery. It depends if your insurance requires a referal first , if you are in the USA that is. I didn't need one. The only time I had to see my GP was for a pre op physical.

Hey Krista, you make it sound like 45 and 47 is old ;D  Back when we were your age I thought 30 was old. Once you are out of your teens... it goes FAST!  Ron
partial meniscus removal, posterior horn of medial meniscus tear,horizontal cleavage type. Dec. O4
Age 56
back to cross country skiing and biking.

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 11:50:38 PM »
lol sorry about that Ron, didnt mean to imply that you gentlemen were old :P
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia