Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Have you noticed?  (Read 843 times)

Offline daisygirl2

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Have you noticed?
« on: April 29, 2005, 07:38:23 PM »
After reading this site a bit and from a suggestion from Three Screws (thanks!!  ;D) I have tried out the pain diary idea. And what I have noticed is that at first what I thought was just one painful knee is acutally a knee that hurts in a variety of different places. But they all sorta mush together to form one painful knee. Anyway the pain on the lateral and medial sides is obvious given what I know to be wrong with my knee (lets hear it for ye olde torn menicus problem) but what is new is the pain that is on the bottom of the knee and the top of the bone under it (sorry don't know which one it is...should have payed attention in bio instead of playing tetris on my graphing calculator  ;)). Does anyone have any idea what could make the top of my bone hurt?

Offline sparkle999

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Have you noticed?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 08:17:41 AM »
I don't know what your injuries are, but I get some aching there(more ache than pain) and have been told it's for 2 reasons. Fistly because I ruptured my ACL the tibia has moved forward under the knee. Secondly because I have impaction fractures extending down into the tibiafrom the same injury that ache if I walk too much.

Can't advise you much more than that. I found my PT much better at talking to me about all the feelings in the knee than the OS. She always says 'the more information the better' and answers all my question while we do the therapy.

Hope this helps
xx
35 y/o
ACL rupture
loose body under kneecap
impaction fractures
injury 19th march 2005
scope 9th may
recon 24th october 05

Offline daisygirl2

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 09:42:05 PM »
Thank you sparkle! I think I will talk to my PT about it the next time I go.  I am not afaird of her the way I fear my OS. not fear per see more like being imtimidated. heh Why are OS's so darn scary?

Offline three_screws

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 03:54:45 AM »
Hey Daisygirl :) I'm glad you found the pain diary a good idea... ;D it really makes you notice what is going on and where! It also brings attention to how frequent the pain is, since it always seems to be forgotten a few days when it all starts to blend into one!! I've had some past pain in the area you are explaining, it was worse when i went up and down stairs...i am not sure what it was though. I think someone on here mentioned tendonitis. However if it's painful just below the kneecap on top of the tibia maybe it could be something like Osgood Schlatters? I am only having a guess here, perhaps you could read up on them and see what you think??
Goodluck :)
Pip :)

And hey...you shouldn't be intimidated by your OS, you are paying him to do a job!!, don't worry about how many questions you ask, it's your body and if you have any concerns you should just fire away :) I'm sure he wouldn't mind one bit :)
Bilateral Hip Dysplasia
Closed reduction on hip '85'
Salters Osteotomy on hip '87',
Osgood Schlatters 1996,
Several subluxes- right knee, meninscal cyst 1998,
Full patella dislocation left knee/cracked knee cap,
Arthroscopy on knee *2 '02', '04',
Full Hip Recon (PAO) Jan '05'

support