Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: FOTTBALL INJURY  (Read 858 times)

Offline macklee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
FOTTBALL INJURY
« on: April 28, 2005, 09:28:28 AM »
hi can anyone help,, played football last nite and a player landed on my left knee accidently, i got wot i would call a electric shock from the side off my knee. i had to go off to much pain. but went back on for last 5 minutes STUPID i know but hobbled about.this morning i have a bit of swelling and pain to the back and inside of my left knee. when i stand up from resting i hear a clicking noise once then it goes. any help please thanks

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: FOTTBALL INJURY
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 01:51:18 PM »
Hi Macklee,

Sorry you got hurt last night.  Start with RICE (rest, ice, compression, and elevation)  Ice for 20 minutes every hour or so, use an ACE rap if it helps, and keep you knee elevated and rested as much as you can; you can also take an anti-inflammatory for pain and inflammation.  If this does not help in a week or so, or if you get significantly worse gall your GP or PCP and talk to them, they can advise you or give you a referral.

Hope you fell better soon. 

H U G S !   !   !

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 02:04:44 PM »
sorry Rozzzie, I have to disagree.

I would highly suggest see an orthopedic surgeon as soon as possible.  Your symptoms indicate that you may have sustained some damage in your knee (I won't go into details simply because it wouldn't be right to speculate.)  The sooner it is diagnosised the sooner something can be done, rather than waiting around and possibily talking yourself out of seeking treatment. 

1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline macklee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 03:53:48 PM »
thanxs alot dont think its any thing serious.. but its swelled some more now.. cant wait to get back playin already, any exercises i could do.. thanxs for replyin new to this site  :-*