Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: should I stop PT??  (Read 804 times)

Offline sparkle999

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
should I stop PT??
« on: April 28, 2005, 08:07:49 AM »
I have been doing PT 4 times a day to increase flexion. (currently 60 cold and 90 when pushed)

Over the last 4 days, after I assist the knee flexing, when I straighten the knee again, something catches under the kneecap. It's not mega pain, just the sort to make you gasp, a little like when you hit your funny bone. It's like a twang feeling.

Here's the thing. It feels like I'm aggravating the knee by making it twang like this, but I've been told to do the PT religiously. I have not seen my Os or my PT since this started happening, but I can already feel the knee stiffening up because I haven't done so much PT.

Any ideas what could be happening?

Should I carry on doing flexion exercises?

Please help
xx
35 y/o
ACL rupture
loose body under kneecap
impaction fractures
injury 19th march 2005
scope 9th may
recon 24th october 05

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: should I stop PT??
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 01:53:36 PM »
Call your OS and/or your PT.  Over the phone they should be able to decide if you need to make an appointment ASAP, if you should modify any of your exercises, etc.  It will probably be easier to reach the PT, so I'd give him a call this morning.
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

support