Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: My Knee Pain  (Read 878 times)

Offline conkey

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
My Knee Pain
« on: April 27, 2005, 11:44:18 AM »
Hello Everyone,

Im new to these boards.

Anyway,Last march i injured my left knee. My doctor said i had just pulled me ligaments and that i should rest it so i did. Anyway i started playing back football and it still hurt when i played.So i rested for a futher couple of months and then it was fine.That was in march 2004.Now in the last 2 months my left knee has started hurting again.The pain is in the right side of my knee.It is only when i bend it.I woke up this morning and the pain was the worst ive ever exprienced in my knee.I can hardly bend it.It feels tight and the pain is bad.I thought it might be cartilage damage.Can any one help with the pain? Any suggestions what i can do?

James

shadehawk

Re: My Knee Pain
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 11:50:47 AM »
James,

Hi and welcome to the board.  You mentioned that you had been to a doctor before - was that a GP or was it an orthopedic surgeon?  You should try to get a referral to see an OS and have your knees assessed.

Good luck,

Shade

ariel

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 07:48:33 PM »
For the pain, you might want to try an NSAID like Ibuprofen - check with your doc first though - regards the injury, if there's no instability but you do get pain on bending your leg, it might be a meniscus issue? - See your GP as soon as possible and in the meantime, Rest & Ice and possibly an anti-inflamitory/pain-killer like Ibuprofen - good luck.

Offline reinerchica

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 07:42:41 PM »
Hey I'm new too but anyways.  you really need to go see an orthopedic surgeon, but don't go and see just anyone ask around and find the best.  If you go to an OK one he/she might misdiagnose you and actually end up hurting you more.  I have to go in on the 5th to figure out what my problem is.  Well good luck and keep me posted.  You can even email me if you want to tell me how it all goes.  [email protected]

Jamie N.
17 Montana
*Jamison Neuhoff*
*Soccer, horses, weight lifting*
*Medial Meniscal Repair*
*17 Year old*

Offline reinerchica

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 07:43:18 PM »
Hey I'm new too but anyways.  you really need to go see an orthopedic surgeon, but don't go and see just anyone ask around and find the best.  If you go to an OK one he/she might misdiagnose you and actually end up hurting you more.  I have to go in on the 5th to figure out what my problem is.  Well good luck and keep me posted.  You can even email me if you want to tell me how it all goes.  [email protected]

Jamie N.
17 Montana
*Jamison Neuhoff*
*Soccer, horses, weight lifting*
*Medial Meniscal Repair*
*17 Year old*