Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 37 years old with Osgood-schlatter  (Read 725 times)

Offline Brian in Boise

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
37 years old with Osgood-schlatter
« on: April 24, 2005, 06:02:15 PM »
I have had Osgood-Schlatter since I was 13 years old, I am now 37.  When I was 13 a doctor explained to me that I could play sports as much as I could stand the pain.  I played college baseball, I was a wildland firefighter for 8 years, and now I stand all day teaching middle school science.

My problem is that my tibial tubercle has become so large that my patella is tracking against the top of it.  One year ago I saw an orthopedic surgeon who told me that my quadraceps were not balanced.  He said that he could cut the quadracep on one side or I could strengthen the other side.  I tried the exercise, but with little change.

With in the past month my knees are sore every day, and at night I have to change the position of my knees about every one half hour.

Does anyone know what my options are.  The soreness and pain is keeping me from being active.

Thanks,

Brian

Offline Illiptical

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: 37 years old with Osgood-schlatter
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 12:13:58 AM »
what side did he say to strengthen? if my hunch is right it was your inner quadriceps muscles, most athletes w/ jumper's knee are weak in the inner quad area, basketball, hockey and volleyball players