Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Question  (Read 978 times)

Offline darmitage1215

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Question
« on: April 24, 2005, 02:11:23 PM »
I'm just new on here but I am getting a lot of knee pain and just wondering if swimming and kicking on a kickboard is making it worst and I walk 6 miles a day at work, will this make my knee worst, please reply thanks

shadehawk

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 02:22:03 PM »
Darmitage,

Hi and welcome to the board.  Sounds as though you just might be overdoing it.  You can try to rest, elevate and ice until your knees settle down again then try to go at it a little slower in the pool. 

Good luck,

Shade

brattkids2

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 02:48:07 PM »
It sounds like you may be overdoing it a bit. Did you injur your knee?? arthritis???  If you let us know a little more we may have more suggestions for you!!

Hope you get well soon!!!

Paulette

Offline catholic_girl4God

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 05:08:02 PM »
kicking and swimming can agrivate it depending on what you did to your knee. you should rest it, ice it, and elevate it as much as you can for the next few days and if it continues to bother you, you should get in to see a doctor. if something is wrong with your knee you can agrivate it and make it worse by swimming and using a kick board or even walking for that long of a distance everyday.

~x~Megan~x~
It's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you're not.

~x~Megan~x~

ariel

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 06:53:13 PM »
Yes, and it'd probably be wise to reduce the daily mileage somewhat, while there's an issue - better taking precautions now, rather than ending up like many people here with chronic long-term knee issues.

Offline darmitage1215

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Question-Brattkid
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2005, 10:42:13 PM »
thanks for helping me and I will tell you a little more about my knee, I find at times when walking at work I get pain and feels like wet or fluid in my knee but I don,t think I have water on the knee, I think and my doctor says I could be in the beginning stages of artheritis, when I swim and especially kickboard in the pool my knee feels soar and painful but never use to and I read about artheritis is that when you are active your knee hurts afterwards and that is what mine does but I swim anyway because I thought you suppose to exercise with artheritis and also my x-rays came out normal but my knee feels crackly and stiff and wet at times, please reply brattkid and thanks