Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: need some advice.  (Read 817 times)

Offline buckeye428

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
need some advice.
« on: April 23, 2005, 04:03:36 PM »
I am hoping someone out there can answer my question. I have already had 4 knee surgerys.  2 ACL reconstructions, a minicus tear and a ACL revision in 2003. The problem is my Dr. did not start PT till 2weeks post surgery. In the time scar tissue had formed. I went through extensive PT for a year and half. The thing is its 2005 and I stiil cant bend my knee.
I can only bend it about 80 -90 degrees. I also have this lump where one of the incissions are. The Dr. said, its nothing; went to another one . He said",could be a screw". No one knows. and I would need another surgery but  would not perform the surgery. Scared, maybe? I dont no. It has been so long. My question is because I never had the scar tissue removed in the beginning and it has built up for a year and half, Did I do more damage and can it be fixed? If anyone could give me any advice. I would most thankfull. This is my last hope.  I heard Dr. Frank Noyes at  the Cincinnati Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center was one of the best knee surgeons in the country. I would have to travel as I live in Georgia now. Has anyone heard of him? 
ACL(half torn) and meniscus tear(1992), ACL reconstruction(2000), Plica removal(2001),ACL revision and meniscus tear(2003) Lateral and medial release, fat pad excesion, and scar excesion,(2005)

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
    • My photo album
Re: need some advice.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 04:45:23 PM »
Have you tried the Hughston sports medicine clinic in Columbus GA? I travel from SC just to see them. My OS fixed my scar tissue in July 04. They have a great group of docs there that are definately familiar with scar tissue.
IM me if you want anymore information.

missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline allstardiva2005

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
    • Behind the Jersey
Re: need some advice.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 03:03:44 PM »
I live in Michigan and I travel to see Dr. Noyes in Cinci (about a 4+ hour drive for me). When other surgeons have given up on me, he hasn't. And in my opinion, he's done wonders with some bad cases (I like to talk to others in the waiting room). But that is a far drive, I guess I'd try to see if there is anyone closer before going to Cinci. How far away is Alabama in comparison to Cinci? I've heard good things from Dr. James Andrews who works out of Birmingham, Alabama if that's any closer to you...

Good luck with the OS search...

Christy
Medial Meniscus Repair- '00,03
Partial Meniscectomy- '03, '04
ACL Reconstruction- '02
Exploratory Scope- '05
Allograft ACL Revision & Neuroma Excision- '06
Hardware Removal & Bone Filing- '06
Scar Tissue Removel- '07

** Medial meniscus transplant is in the near future... **

support