Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: PLICA REMOVAL/DEBREIDMENT  (Read 1025 times)

Offline TCaten

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
PLICA REMOVAL/DEBREIDMENT
« on: April 21, 2005, 10:18:31 PM »
//     I had knee surgery on 4/13/05.  My  OS debreided  and removed my medial PLICA  in my right knee.   Is recovery supposed to be this bad? ???  My  knee looks awful, is swollen to the size of a melon, very painful more than pre-surgery, and unable to bear weight most of the time. I was told to start  PT  on May  3rd.  I  thought that after surgery I  would be in much better shape......little pain, mod swelling , waliknig without crutches,and  possibly starting PT next week.  Can someone please shed some light on this?  I feel like I'm miserable and  not  on the mend.   Please feel free to share your thoughts.   Thanks!

shadehawk

Re: PLICA REMOVAL/DEBREIDMENT
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 11:11:07 PM »
TCaten,

Hi, welcome to the board.  There are some posts in the Rehab Dept. under Post-Op Diary about Plica surgery that might be of interest to you.

Sorry that your are having such a terrible time.  Have you been elevating and icing to try and get rid of the swelling?

Shade

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: PLICA REMOVAL/DEBREIDMENT
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 11:38:12 PM »
Hi TCaten

Sorry you're still in so much pain.  Did you ask your OS before the surgery what to expect?  Are you as far along as he said you would be a 1 week?

You had surgery a week ago and it wasn't just a little thing, any surgery is very traumatic on your body.  Everybody reacts differently to surgery and you’re body it telling you to take it easy.  Ice your knee, keep it elevated, and REST.  Give your body whatever time it needs to get over the trauma of the surgery.  From reports on this board the first few days to a week are the worst.  But, remember you can't compare your self to someone else; everyone reacts in there own way.

Hang in there, you should start feeling better soon if you rest, elevate and ice!

Sending     H U G s  !   !   !   

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006