Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Broken knee but what? (Iam new and need a little help)  (Read 672 times)

Offline shmandymoo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Broken knee but what? (Iam new and need a little help)
« on: April 21, 2005, 02:40:06 PM »
Hi there,

After getting off the rollercoaster at Flamingoland a couple of weeks ago i stumbled.  No i didnt fall and smash my knee off the ground , nor did i crash it off any hard object, i simply landed on my (left) foot awkwardly and felt something 'go' in my leg.  I hobbled to a first aider who thought i must have twisted or sprained something even tho' it was excruciating pain trying to walk, so i borrowed a wheelchair.  I found living in a caravan very difficult and cried each time i attempted to go to the toilet.  Next day we set off to the hospital as my knee was now the size of a small football.  The doctor examined it and asked me my tale and came to the conclusion that i probably had torn some ligaments, but he'd send me for an xray just in case.  To our surprise the xray shows a slight fracture, now bear with me , sorry, it shows the thigh bone and the lower leg bone joining it at the 'W' shape and on this join ther is a slight fracture is this the Tibia and is that area any particular type of fracture and what should i expect? i am in a cast at the moment (2 weeks) i didnt know there was so much involved in knee injuries till i looked at this site.  Any comments will be helpful - Thanks , Amanda x
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 02:53:39 PM by shmandymoo »

Offline sparkle999

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Broken knee but what? (Iam new and need a little help)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »
No idea what you've done, but I thought I'd reply and say'welcome'. There's a broken bones section further down the page and that'll probably have more info for you.
xx
35 y/o
ACL rupture
loose body under kneecap
impaction fractures
injury 19th march 2005
scope 9th may
recon 24th october 05

support