Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Lots of knee popping  (Read 921 times)

Offline beckyc

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Lots of knee popping
« on: April 21, 2005, 02:26:37 AM »
Hey all I posted this in post-op also. I had meniscus repair and microfracture almost 12 weeks ago. On the mensicus injury side of my knee, right where the tear was I have started to experience alot of popping. Not painful, it feels like when you crack your knuckles. It happens when I have been standing and then bend my knee even slightly. I see my OS next week and as it is not painful I see no need to try and push up my appt. I am just curious, is this just a strange healing sensation or did the repair not take? Any input would be helpful.
Thanks, Becky

Offline Ronxski

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
Re: Lots of knee popping
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 05:33:57 AM »
Hi Becky , I had a tear trim on mine and I popped quite a bit for at least 3 months. I am walking good now, but still have pain doing the stairs in my knee cap. The tear was in the back of my knee. I only have an occasional pop now. So I think you are ok.

Ron
partial meniscus removal, posterior horn of medial meniscus tear,horizontal cleavage type. Dec. O4
Age 56
back to cross country skiing and biking.

Offline smck88

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Lots of knee popping
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 11:15:54 PM »
just to let you know that you are not alone with this prob! i had my lateral and medial meniscous removed a couple weeks ago as it was tore beyond repair!!! when i stand with my leg slightly bent and then flex it fully whilst tensing my quads i hear and heel a big 'click' which feels like something is moving 'back' into place!!! x