Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Lump in knee. Bone?  (Read 998 times)

Offline Kateymatey

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Lump in knee. Bone?
« on: April 20, 2005, 08:19:16 PM »
Hiya everyone, I'm new to all of this, Looking for some advice really.
Ive found a lump in my knee that moves around im wondering if its just a bit ok skin?? Or bone or something, any help much appreciated.

Kate

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Lump in knee. Bone?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 11:45:04 AM »
Where is the lump located on the knee???
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline Kateymatey

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 08:38:23 PM »
I went to the doctor today and she examined me, it's just at the top nearest to my thigh and it moves around quite freely. She said it could be a fibroma? or sesamoid, and not to worry to much and im to go back in six weeks to see how my knee is. Although she did say its slipping under my tendon and could damage the patella? Does anyone have any info on fibroma's or sesamoids? And is it something i should worry about? I do have a few problems now and again where my knee goes from beneath me and have a sharp pain sometimes! She said we could consider surgery.. is that necessary??

Offline beckyc

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 08:44:19 PM »
I don't know aything about fibromas, but a sesamoid is just an accesory bone that seems to grow for some reason. They are pretty commom in certain areas esp the wrist/hand and foot. I think I remember that they are somewhat common in the knee. If I'm not mistaken I think the patella and the pisiform (in the wrist) are actually "normal" sesamoid bones.
Becky