Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: titanium plate and six screws in knee.  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Kayls23

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • Silly knees!
titanium plate and six screws in knee.
« on: April 20, 2005, 04:43:34 PM »
I recently (three weeks ago) had surgery on my right knee, where six screws were inserted above, below and in the centre of my knee, to correct a deformity I've had since birth. There is also a plate at the back and one at the side... I'm wearing a I-ROM brace and getting around on crutches and I'm not allowed to apply any pressure to it. Itís going really well considering...  ;)

Anyways, I was wondering if it's normal for my foot to turn dark red when I stand up? The other foot remains its normal colour, and I have to wriggle my toes and try to move my knee for ages to try and return the foot to its normal colour. This is a pretty recent development and it is concerning me.  :-\

Another thing I was wondering is how long does it averagely take until youíre able to walk again? ??? It's coz I have school to go to, where I'm in my final year. It's been branded slightly too dangerous for me to go back yet (kids are rowdy and I'll probably end up being knocked over in the hallway  :'(), and I don't want to miss too much, as I have GCSE's in June.

Any comments will be helpful!  ;D
Femoral lateral wedge osteotomy in March 05, to correct Valgus Deformity.

support