Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 780 times)

Offline inlimbo

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
« on: April 20, 2005, 03:55:19 PM »
I've just got an op date.

My first consultant thought I had a problem with the knee cap and patellar tendon, and advised PT to stabilise my knee, even when the radiologist thought from the MRI scan I'd damaged my ACL.

This was 18 months ago, a couple of months back after seeing no great improvement and from time to time the knee collapsing when off balance I decided to get a 2nd opinion. Got advice from a PT friend and got to see the best in the area. Within 5 minutes he told me I'd completely ruptured my ACL and needed surgery! Now I just want it sorting!

I don't have much swelling or bruising, this only happens when I twist my knee when it shouldn't, but it was very swollen for about a week when it happended.

Seems through some posts treatment can be very diverse and depeneds from OS to OS. Personally I'm much happier with the prospect of someone opening it up and taking a look and doing whatevers necessary! Trying to do some pre-op PT to help make procedure run smoothly, any tips?
28 - ACL Rupture 20/2/03
Depression caused by NO football (soccer)!
ACL Recon and Meniscus repair 10/09/05
8 months post op!!!

shadehawk

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 04:09:23 PM »
Inlimbo,

Hey good luck with the upcoming surgery.  I do not have any tips, but there are many posts on acl reconstruction.

Let us know how everything goes.

Hugs,  ;)

Shade

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
Re: Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 04:14:31 PM »
Welcome to the board! Like shade said, there is alot of info on ACL's in the cruciate section. if you hae any questions, it would be best to post them there. Best of luck,
Krista
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

support