Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: MY KNEE  (Read 933 times)

Offline FELLINAPOTHOLE

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
MY KNEE
« on: April 20, 2005, 05:08:47 AM »
I FELL IN FEB AND A MRI SHOWS A PARTIAL TEAR ACL AND GRADE 3 STRAIN MCL AND PARTIAL TEAR TO POSTERIOR HORN OF MEDIAL MINESCUS MY PAIN HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN THE JOINT IN FRONT INSIDE IT FELLS LIKE SOMEONE JUST HIT ME WITH A BAT, I CANNOT STRAIGHTEN MY LEG AND HAVE IMPROVED VERY LITTLE WITH THERAPY AND CRAZY PRESSING ON THE KNEE. MY PAIN ALWAYS ENGAGES AT THAT EXACT AREA. I'VE BEEN TO THERAPY ABOUT 10 TIMES AND NOW THEY WANT ME TO WEAR A DYNASPLINT. THE REP SAID I SHOULDN'T HAVE PAIN OVER A 5. WELL I HAVE PAIN OVER A 5 JUST KEEPING MY KNEE IN THE STRAIGHTENED POSITION AND RELAXING AFTER A LENGTH OF TIME. I WORE IT A HALF HOUR YESTURDAY AND 2 HOURS TONITE AND IT FEELS PAINFUL AND IRRITATED AND I CAN'T IMAGINE HAVING THAT THING ON FOR 8 HOURS AND WAKING UP WITH CRAZY STIFF KNEE. AM I IN HELL? I'M CONFUSED.NO ONE CAN TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT IT IS OR WHAT WE ARE DOING, ONLY WE'LL TRY THIS CONSERVATIVE THERAPY BEFORE DECIDING ON ANY OTHER ACTION.I DIDN'T GET THE PROPER TREATMENT UNTIL ABOUT 7 WEEKS AND I GAURDED IT WITH MY LIFE AND WORE A BRACE FROM THE ER FOR 3-4 WEEKS. COULD MY HAMSTRINGS BE THE PROBLEM. DO I HAVE A BUCKET TEAR AND I'LL NEVER GET PAST THE PAIN OR BE ABLE TO STRAIGHTEN WITHOUT SURGERY?DID MY MCL HEAL IN FLEXATION? WHY IS ALL THE PAIN IN THAT JOINT?THIS IS ON A LOP WITH A PERSONAL INJURY CASE AND THE 4 TIMES I'VE GONE TO THE DOCTOR I'VE SEEN THE PA I DON'T SEE THE ACTUAL DOC UNTIL ALL TORTURE HAS BEEN TRIED. SHOULD I CONTINUE THIS? DO I WEAR THIS SPLINT IN PAIN? THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION. MARIA 

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: MY KNEE
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 06:49:37 AM »
Maria !!
If you only have seen one doc and I hope this is a OS specialized on knees, a second or even third opinion could be helpful to be sure you get right treatment. In Sweden they say a person never should have pain more then 3 on the scale.
I have no other advice to you sorry, but maybe someone else out here have experiences with the splint.
Wish you good luck and you please let me know how you are.

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline sparkle999

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 11:56:18 AM »
Physio 10 times with little improvement seems quite disheartening and I'm not surprised you're frustrated. My PT seems keen for me to push for a 5 or 6 on the pain scale, but she says I should ALWAYS be ready for more physio a couple of hours later and that the pain from PT should not last more than half an hour.

Sounds like you really need to get a second opinion. MRI's can miss stuff, so your OS might not see a reason for you not being able to straighten, but there obviously is one....or it would be straight!

I am in a similar situation but with flexion problems, but I've only benn doing PT 1.5 weeks and already got some improvement. I agree with nettan. You need a KNEE person. Knees need treating properly and I'm sure you don't want to waste time on ineffective treatment.IA second opionion can't do any harm and might do some good.
xx
35 y/o
ACL rupture
loose body under kneecap
impaction fractures
injury 19th march 2005
scope 9th may
recon 24th october 05

Offline FELLINAPOTHOLE

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 04:52:17 PM »
HOWDY, THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS. I GO TO THERAPY TODAY AND I WILL DISCUSS THE DYNASPLINT IN MORE DETAIL WITH MY THERAPY DUDE LARRY HE HAS HAD EXPERIENCE WITH THEM AND I WILL FEEL BETTER AFTER THAT,HE WAS OFF THE OTHER DAY WHEN I WAS FITTED AT THERAPY.I'M JUST GOING TO DO WHAT I CAN REGARDLESS OF THE PAIN/MISERY BECAUSE I WANT MY KNEE BACK.POSTIVE ATTITUDE ! TOODLES, MARIA

support