Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: what have i done?!  (Read 1005 times)

Offline catholic_girl4God

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
what have i done?!
« on: April 20, 2005, 04:35:02 AM »
Ok i have never really had that much knee trouble, i am a catcher for my softball team so i know that doesnt help much. but earlier today i was goofing around with my friends and i had stepped into something really muddy and my cleat stuck into it, and my friend Brandy tripped over me which made my knee bend sideways at this akward angle and i felt this burning sensation under my kneecap and on the left of my knee (it is my left knee) it hurt so bad i was screaming in pain and i usually dont do things like that i usually can just get up from even  a sprain and act like nothing happened. but when i got up and started walking it hurt a lot. and now its all swollen and tender to the touch. i know its not my ACL or any of the tendons like that and i didnt hear a pop or a crack just a burning sensation through my knee. it is very painful and i would like to know what i have done and what i should do. my trainer for my school says i should rest it for a week or so and see how it feels and go to the doctor the thing is i cant go to the doctor because my aunt doesnt have medical power of attourney from my mom and dad yet. so in a case like this would i still be able to get into see the doctor if i needed to and should i go see a doctor or just rest it because i just sprained it bad?
thanks for any help!
It's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you're not.

~x~Megan~x~

Offline sparkle999

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: what have i done?!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 12:01:36 PM »
in the mean time, rest it , use ice for pain and swelling (20 mins at a time) and try not to let it get too stiff.
I can't really help you much more than that, but I know its good to get a reply to a post on this board.
xx
35 y/o
ACL rupture
loose body under kneecap
impaction fractures
injury 19th march 2005
scope 9th may
recon 24th october 05

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 01:34:34 PM »
Hey !!

If you are able walk on it and not feel unstable or something like that use RICE (rest,ice,compression and elevate). Of course you must be able to get medical care if you have hurt yourself even if you haven't got insurance. But I would give it a week like you trainer says.Good luck to you !!

hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 02:50:29 PM »
Hey, like the others said RICE is the best thing you can do for it right now. Hopefully it'll clear up in a couple of weeks...but be sure not to go back to softball too soon cause that may re-aggravate it. Hope you feel better!
Krista
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

Offline catholic_girl4God

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 04:07:24 PM »
thanks you guys. RICE..hmm i have never heard of that before but that is cool. well this morning when i woke up i couldnt really move it and everytime i did i heard this popping sounds and it feels like i have water under my kneecap...it feels very gross but thats for the advice.
It's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you're not.

~x~Megan~x~