Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: SEVERE PAIN  (Read 703 times)

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
SEVERE PAIN
« on: April 19, 2005, 09:01:33 PM »
Hi everyone. I have some wuestions for you all. Well I have NO idea why but yesterday my knee and whole leg was aching like heck but I thought it would get better today. I woke up with some but little pain, and went to school. Maybe about 10 minutes in it got unbearable. I took an avdil extra strenght before I left for school too. Anyways, as the day went on my pain just got worse. Having no trouble with stairs in the past few weeks, they became impossible because of pain and I actually had to ask for the evelator key. I took some more advils throughout the day too. Now, I can barely walk and it feels like a bomb went off in my knee. I am dirving myself crazy to find out what caused this, but the only thing I can think of is I tiwstd funny on it yesterday but at the time, it didn't hurt at all. I think Im just gonna take the day off tomorrow and rest. But anyone else have days like this? Any ideas about what caused it? And how to stop my pan from getting even worse!!!
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

shadehawk

Re: SEVERE PAIN
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 10:32:36 PM »
Smiley196,

Hi, hey sorry to hear you are having a painful day.  You know the drill though elevate and ice.  Has there been a big weather change where you live - that also might have something to do with your pain today.  I know the weather creates havoc with my knees.  Where we are the weather is dropping at night and rising rapidly during the day and this can cause problems for knee pain sufferers.

Take it easy and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Sending hugs your way,  ;)

Shade
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 10:34:11 PM by Shade »

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
Re: SEVERE PAIN
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 10:47:40 PM »
Shade, thanks. There hasn't been much weather change..stayed around the same temp. for the past few days, but I do know what ya mean. I can tell when it's gonna rain cause my knee feels all tingly. lol. but yea, Im hoping with some ice and a good sleep it will be good tomorrow.
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy