Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: MRI report and OS visit....  (Read 1747 times)

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • LIVE WELL. LAUGH OFTEN. LOVE MUCH.
MRI report and OS visit....
« on: April 17, 2005, 03:52:42 PM »

Hi Guys!

I posted this in general, but thought maybe I should post it here instead. I went to the OS today. Here is what the report of my MRI said.....

Impression:
1. Patellar subluxation with chondromalacia patellae
2. Medial and lateral meniscal tears

COMMENT:  The patella appears to be subluxed superiorly and there is evidence of chrondromalacial patellae along the femoral catrilaginous. The rest of the patella is not sitting in the patella groove in a normal fashion and there is a small focus of increased signal in the patella itself either representing a cyst or possibly some subchrondral bone bruising. There is only a very small amount of effusion present but there is fluid tracking along the lateral knee joint deep to the ileotibial band. Abnormal signal in the posterior horn of the medial meniscus is noted probably representing a combination of a tear and mucoid degeneration and suggesting a tear. On the axial views there is a small amount of fluid that tracks from the posterior portion of the medial meniscus into the patella fossa where there is a small meniscal cyst measuring less than a cm. On the coronal images, there does not appear to be any impaction fracture of bone bruising. There is however, some early joint space narrowing.

Orthoscopic surgery is scheduled for April 28th. All doc told me is there is possibly some torn cartilage, and a possible bruise to my kneecap. Also said there is something showing under the kneecap and he is hoping I havent taken a huge chunk out of it, or that will be another story. Says he hopes to be able to do everything orthoscopically. After reading this report, however, I think he left a few things out when he was talking to me, such as the patella subluxing. I have been saying all this time that it feels like something is moving in there. I could tell when he was talking to me that he thought there was quite a few problems in there. Just thought I would share this report and get some input from you guys.I do feel relieve that this MRI actually showed the problem(s). However, is  troubling to know that the first MRI showed absolutely nothing.  Let me know what all of you think.....Thanks....

DONNA

LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

BACK IN PT NOW....HIP AND FOOT PAIN, POSSIBLY SCIATIC

support