Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: wrong diagnosis and wrong DR  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Keegan101

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
wrong diagnosis and wrong DR
« on: April 15, 2005, 03:04:52 AM »
I have posted before had surgery after a big injury acl mcl and meniscus tears, He also did a Chrondoplasty in Oct have not been able to walk without pain since Knee still can not fully extend yet. The OS i went to said it wold take a real  long time. Being so tired of doing nothing I demanded an MRi that came back and  said that the meniscus tears that had been there in August had worsened and the other one was only somewhat better
The OS explained this as they don't read these corectly after surgery and they look wrong. HE mentioned Osteo Necrosis and ordered a Bone Scan.
After worring for a month my regular physician said to see another Dr. Well I did He said the MRI said the meniscus is torn and the medial pain indicates it.  The bone scan shows positive uptake but not osteo necrosis.
Can you believe that Dr let me walk around like this and didn't admit that it could rip again  8 months with a cane and a limp and doing nothing and gaining weight I am so furious i dont get it

shadehawk

Re: wrong diagnosis and wrong DR
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 11:00:33 AM »
Keegan101,

Oh, that is such an awful thing to happen.  Wow, it just amazes me that things like this happen.  I have had several instances of disbelief myself in my travels to find answers to my knee questions - so I should not be surprised, but still I am.  I would be surprised if you were not furious about this - 8 months is a long time and you were trying to get your other doctor to help you.

I am so glad that you went to another doctor and have found some answers to what has been happening to your knee.  Hopefully this new doctor will be able to treat you and repair your meniscus tear to rid you of this pain.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Hugs,  ;)

Shade

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 11:22:47 AM »
Oh my, I myself also can't believe some of the things that happen in the world of medicine in General. I shouldn't be too worried about the positive uptake in the bone scan, mine showed that too about 10 months after a surgery I had... just because of inflammation I guess.  They sent me for an MRI just to be sure but again..just inflammation.
Hopefully this other doctor will be able to help you.  Although it isn't right and i'm not excusing what he did. MRI's are often positive for things that aren't there and negative for things that are there..and it's hard especially after surgery sometimes. However, that doesn't excuse the fact that your surgeon dismissed your continuing pain and disability.

Goodluck
HUGs
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline Keegan101

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 10:34:51 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to read my post shads and Linds ;D
I am glad I got another opinion too.
I too wonder if it is true that the meniscus is retorn and if the MRI is right. When there is such a difference in opinion it is scarry.
If i get surgery and  it isnt what will that so? Although I can not fully extend the knee and think that will end of causing other problems because the mechanics aren"t there. It is better then right after surgery but it still is off. I think that going back in to see what is really going on may be the answer but I am scared because I dont want to end up like I did after the first
Again thanks for your concern and great thoughts

Kathy

support