Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I've got a funny feeling...  (Read 871 times)

Offline Curious1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I've got a funny feeling...
« on: April 14, 2005, 07:05:19 PM »
Hi, everyone...
I'm new to this knee business and hoping it's really just all in my head.  I have an odd feeling in my left knee - almost like my kneecap is "floating." It started a couple of weeks ago while I was at work (part-time job - standing on concrete, but wearing good walking shoes. My full-time job is behind a desk) and I noticed that my knee felt "loose" - sort of like if I moved wrong, I'd hurt myself.  So far, no pain.  This floating, loose feeling was accompanied last night (while painting the walls at home) by a "thick" feeling - like my kneecap was packed in wet cotton.  I haven't had any pain or problems with movement.  I just feel weird.  I'm reluctant to go to the doctor and tell him I feel "weird" - he'll probably just give me a tylenol and tell me to quit painting the walls.  But, my neighbor at work (the desk job) just tore her knee up badly - ACL, MCL, meniscus - the whole shebang.  Maybe her experience has made me hypersensitive, but I would hate to ignore something potentially damaging and then end up in her situation.  So - what do you think - am I hypersensitive and nuts, or is there maybe something going on? 

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: I've got a funny feeling...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 07:39:47 PM »
It could be that you have an over use injury.. too much bending, kneeling that sort of thing can do this.. Did you know our knees weren't designed to do what we do with them..no wonder KNee problems are so prevelent..

Anyway for now you'd probably be okay taking care of yourself at home, try the RICE method, Rest , Ice , Compression , Elevation. And see if your knee starts to feel...better.  If there is no pain I wouldn't worry too much about it.   Try the Rice method and see if that helps, avoid too much bending past 90 degrees while weight bearing and kneeling for awhile just to see if it  starts to improve.
Hope that helps
Goodluck
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?