Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: extreme pain  (Read 800 times)

Offline sarenee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
extreme pain
« on: April 14, 2005, 07:04:01 PM »
hi everyone
i was hoping someone out there could offer some advice ! here goes................
i had part of my cartilage removed almost 20 years ago(i,m now 46),and though i had to give up sporting activity 5 years later when arthritis started taking hold,i found that as long as i didn,t overdo
things,the pain,although always there,never got to bad.i have always kept fairly active (cycling,swimming gym exercises etc),but about a month ago after my usual gym routine,the outside back of my knee became extremely painful,so much so that i could barely bend my knee for about 3 days.after about a week it seemed to settle down again.but since then,the pain seems to return for no apparent reason,sometimes lasting a couple of days,other times just minutes.i have done no activities whatsoever,in the hope that all it needed was a good rest,but
today i decided to see how it would hold up with some light exercise.i did 15 mins on the cycling machine....fine......then i decided to try some leg curls with very light weights.after only three
curls the pain returned with a vengeance,so i had to stop immediately.at the moment i can only bend my knee if i take it very slowly,and is extremely painful to try and straighten(very sharp pain!)could i have damaged my ligament?or i was thinking that maybe a piece of bone had broken away and was floating around,causing an obstruction.
i look forward to reading your views

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
Re: extreme pain
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 04:12:08 AM »
I would defiately see an OS. That doesnt sound good. I am sorry that I cant give you any other thougths. good luck and keep us posted.

missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: extreme pain
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 01:39:44 PM »
I would go and get it checked out, it could be that since you have arthritis, you may have some loose bodies floating about in the joint.

Natalie.
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA
4 Debridements