Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Whats wrong with my Knee???  (Read 878 times)

Offline rapadash

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Whats wrong with my Knee???
« on: April 11, 2005, 03:33:52 PM »
Hi All,

About 5 years ago I injured my knee!  Im not sure what I done to it as the x-rays didnt show anything and I didnt bother getting anymore advice or medical help as it started to feel slightly better!

Ever since my knee has been weak.

Ive been going to the gym for years and my knee hasnt bothered me before but Ive started doing Body Combat about 2-3 times a week which is putting more strain on my knee.

It was ok whilst I was doing the class but my knee has started to play up again.  It only hurts when I put weight on my leg and especially when I try and straighten it whilst putting weight on it!  Its intermitent pain, its not constant!  Sometimes it feels like if I was too put alot of pressure on it it would give way!  I also get a sharp pain across the back of my knee every now and then agian when putting pressure on it!

Im tempted to go to a physio but thought I would see if you could offer any advice?

shadehawk

Re: Whats wrong with my Knee???
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 02:13:57 PM »
Rapadash,

Well, it sounds like you have overdone it and your knees are complaining that they want to rest.  You can try ice and elevating the legs and that might settle them down, nsaids will also help.

Good luck,  ;)

Shade

PT is also a good idea as they train the proper stretching exercises that will help you strengthen the knees.

Offline AndrewC

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • User's Text
Re: Whats wrong with my Knee???
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 06:28:53 PM »
Sounds quite possible you mayhave overdone things and need to try and avoid heavy sports for a bit....

another possiblity.....and I stress only a possibility....is that you might have torn one of your meniscus....either lateral or medial could exhibit these signs but normallly you would experience some clicking,popping or catching (and stiffness the next day after exercise) however not always..

Really...the thing you need to do is to go and see a knee surgeon and see what he /she thinks  ;) as it cannont hurt to get a proper diagnosis...even if it turns out to be nothing. You could also read up on mensicus tears and see if anything sounds familiar??

good luck
Big bucket handle tear to lateral meniscus from sporting injury. Arthroscopy and meniscal repair carried out June 2004. sloooowwww recovery!!

2018 - torn medial meniscus in RH knee, partial extrusion. ongoing issues,

support