Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Whats your biggest acheivement with bum knees?  (Read 4890 times)

Offline Emily

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Whats your biggest acheivement with bum knees?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2003, 03:24:28 AM »
Wow all of you guys are brave!!! I haven't really had knee problems long enough to have a big accomplishment... but so far I'd have to say just making it through each school day... which brings staircase after staircase after staircase. And also being able to work with kids four times a week which I LOVE ;D!

Heather- I was just wondering about your book! What genre is it?  Whats the title? Wats the general story about? Its really cool that you are getting a book published!

Emily
« Last Edit: April 24, 2003, 03:25:51 AM by KneePain326 »
Right Knee- 10-14-03- LR, TTO, Scope, Plica excision
               4-20-04- Scope, screw removal, scar tissue clean up

Left knee- subluxing, maltracking & malaligned-not ready to start treatmet..

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2003, 07:45:25 AM »
I'd have to say that my biggest accomplishment since my knee got really bad was making it through my student teaching(well almost-I have 3 weeks left but I'll make it)so I can get certified to teach and get my Master's Degree. There were more days than I can count where the pain was so bad that I truly didn't think I was going to make it! And there were days when despite my best try, I had to take an ultram to get through the day, but even with that I'm finishing this and doing the best that I can! I'm amazed by all of your accomplishments-you are all incredible!!

Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline amyrs

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2003, 01:18:00 AM »
Okay.. here are my achievements:

- changed careers completely 6 months ago from the music industry to insurance... and studied and passed my insurance broker's exam to get my full license
- currently work full time there and part time at my fiance's business trying to keep track of the accounting on my lunchhours

And the most important one - PLANNED AN ENTIRE WEDDING ALONE!!  Only 2 more months to go until I can relax!!!  ;D

All of this mashed in with physio every week and doctors appointments out of town!!

:) Amy
Knee pain since 2001, braces, physio, taping didn't work, surgeon says its related to my other neurological problems!!

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2003, 02:28:53 PM »
Hi!

Just had to say congrats on the coming wedding Amy.  Best wishes for you in such a wonderful time!    Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Helen_uk

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2003, 06:19:24 PM »
Ok mine are:
Swimming for great Britain in the disabled team in Spain

Learning to drive on hand controls(I couldnt drive before)

Passing my swimming teachers course.

Travelling to Malta as a chaperone in my wheelchair to coach and look after 17 teanage swimmers.

Swimming across sennen cove using only my arms on a cold and windy day.

bringing up my girls

Not shouting at my mum (she dosent cope well with my disability)Bless argh.........

Going for a wlak on my bad days when i would soone lie in bed.

Delivering a kitten that was breach 2 days after my last surgery ....... and keeping her.

Being married to David for 16 years and still loving him.

Losing 3 stone.
Love H xxx ;D

carol j

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2005, 05:00:45 PM »
I am proud to say that I worked as a nurse for 35 years (30 of them in Neonatal Intensive Care, working full time, 12 hour shifts), and while doing that I taught prenatal classes , raised two children (both with learning disabilities...,one  with ADHD who got into drugs & alcohol) , and looked after one home & one husband. :o :P

Offline Beauzer

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • I want to become the person my dog thinks I am
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2005, 05:14:50 PM »
I'm almost afraid to post this, as I don't want folks to get the wrong idea about those of us on the other side of the medical fence.  Just remember, we're people too...

Graduating medical school while having 4 knee surgeries over the span of 12 months.

Embarking on a surgical residency (general surg, that is), finishing it (hopefully, in June) and surviving the grueling 36-hr shifts without killing the folks who come into the ER at 3AM with routine complaints (Oh, so you've had pain for 2 months and this seems like a good time to get it checked out because it won't be as busy and you can get seen quickly.  OK, well I haven't sat down in over a day and a half and have knee pain so bad I'm starting to seriously consider sawing my own leg off right now, thanks.)

On one level, I think I can empathize much better than most in my position, but it also has tended to make me more cranky with "whiners" who don't really have much wrong. 

Anyway...
Danielle
32 - R knee gone to hell
lat. meniscus 94
ACL, chondroplasty 98
Chondroplasty 99
Screw fell out into joint, med. meniscus, microfracture 99
MCL/med. capsule recon, med. meniscus 00
Chondroplasty 04
Chrondroplasty 1/05
OATS 4/05 for OCD lesion
AVN, MFC fracture 10/05