Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: MCL, LCL and ACL injury  (Read 746 times)

Offline willo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
MCL, LCL and ACL injury
« on: April 07, 2005, 09:26:17 PM »
I fell whilst warming up 6 months ago in keep fit.  I was taken to hospital where my knee was very swollen and painful and put in a brace for 6 weeks. When I went back I was told to keep the brace on for a further 6 weeks. At that point I had no idea what I had injured or what would happen. I've been doing intensive physio since then, and recently have had an MRI scan, but have a range of movement between 10 and 90 degrees only.

Several doctors had discounted the possibility of a cruciate ligament injury, but I have now been told that the scan showed

1. Medial collateral ligament injury which has healed.

2.anterior cruciate ligament injury

3. lateral collateral ligament damage ( but they couldn't tell how severe
I was told that this should have been recognised on the day that I did it, and that I'm now facing surgery to repair these and to manipulate my knee.

Has anyone else managed to have all these injuries at the same time, and if so, what can I expect now?

Offline Nick_Knack

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • User's Text
Re: MCL, LCL and ACL injury
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 02:18:30 AM »
The ACL will have to be reconstructed.  The fact that the MCL has healed is great news.  The MCL has excellent healing ability.  I am not sure about the LCL.

Good Luck.

Maybe do a search on this site.  Or check out below on this site.  There is a section on non-cruciate ligaments.  Check out the LCL there.

nick
1989 rt ACL (+25 degrees ext loss)
1994 rt ACL resection (+ 10 deg)
2001 rt ACL revision (+ 10 deg)
2003 rt med meniscus repair (+10 deg)
2004 rt LOA and post capsulotmy (zero degrees)
2005 rt LOA and tib bone plug removal (even w/ other leg)
2006 rt Fulkerson TTT & ACI Carticel

support