Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACL/MCL/Torn Meniscus: Need Advice  (Read 739 times)

Offline blaunch

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACL/MCL/Torn Meniscus: Need Advice
« on: March 20, 2005, 10:44:13 PM »
Hi there.
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what I should be doing.
I have a suspected severed ACL,poss torn MCL & Meniscus and a high degree of bone bruising of the fermoral chrondyle, thus no
stability whatsoever.
I've only seen two registrars, no consultant unless you call having him in the room next door where the registrar disappears to everytime I ask a question a bonafide meeting with the consultant!!  This second registrar (on behalf of the consultant) could not verify the results of the MRI due to extensive swelling so I've been sent home for another three weeks to rest the leg,which will be six weeks since it happened. Then reassessment and who knows what?? I've read on this site people being given exercises to do to help keep the quads strong, should this be something I should consider or would it aggravate the bruising as I've read it can take months for this to subside. I wear the brace all the time but wonder if it could be contributing to the swelling as it has to be reasonably tight or will fall down. I loosen it at night and notice less swelling in the mornig.My foot & ankle are also very swollen, with bruising coming out all over the lower leg. I get fever at night but don't know if this is related?
Would appreciate some insight from anyone whos had a similar experience as the professional help (or lack of it) to date hasn't made me feel confident this is progressing well.
Babs