Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Scar Tissue  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Jakem

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 3
Scar Tissue
« on: March 16, 2005, 11:59:44 PM »
Hi Folks,

I am 6 months post op and I have some scar tissue and an extension issue.

My question about scar tissue is can I wear it down gradually by massage and use of the joint through exercise or is the only way to get rid of scar tissue by surgery?

I am also having what I believe is a unique issue with extension, at least I think it is unique.  We all know about people that can't achieve full extension after a tough surgery.  That is not my situation.  When I stretch and extend my knee for several minutes I can achieve full extension.  In fact I can put a thin book under my heel and even extend beyond 0 degrees to about -5 degrees.  After I stretch it like this, I can get up and walk around and I feel great.  However, after I sit down for just 10 minutes, I can't extend it again.  It is about 10 degrees from full extension.  So I have to stretch it again for about 1-2 minutes to get back to full extension.  This is extremely annoying as I have spent the last few months stretching it out about 20 times a day.

What is causing this unique problem and do I just have to keep stretching for several more months until it can get to full extension and stay there?

Any help with these 2 questions will be greatly appreciated.

Jake

support