Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: My new knee kicks A$$!  (Read 2207 times)

Offline SuburbanLife

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
My new knee kicks A$$!
« on: March 11, 2005, 04:09:03 AM »
I am less than a week since my TKR. I am overwhelmed with the amount of pain relief I have, I was off morphine the day after surgery. I now only take 2 vicodin at bedtime only because thhe knee is tired, I do alot of home PT myself. I still have a lot of work to regain muscle strength, but to be taken into surgery with extreme pain, and leave without it, can't thank the OS enough. I highly recommend this to anyone that can do it, don't waste another day in pain..Lisa
March 2005-Total Knee Replacement

Offline soccerdoc

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 2
Re: My new knee kicks A$$!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 05:00:26 AM »
Lisa,

Great nmews on the benefits of the TKR.  I am hoping to avoid it by being smart in managing my post HTO knee.  Keep up the rehab you will do well. 

Jim
L Knee: 1980 medial plication (?);1994 medial menisectomy 'bucket-handle tear; 2000 medial menisectomy w/dx mod-severe osteoarthritis; 2002 debridement w/dx severe osteoarthritis; 2003 HTO and LR.6/2/05  HTO hardware removal and debridement arthroscopy, 2009 L knee arthroscopy great result

Offline SuburbanLife

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 05:49:00 PM »
Jim,
Trust me, you will know when the time comes for you to have a replacement, but I cannot express it enough, it honestly was not that bad for me, and I am no wonder woman, just your average, but determined person. If you need it, and really need it, then go for it, the other side really does feel so much better. Good luck to you!...Lisa

Offline soccerdoc

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 05:27:22 PM »
Lisa,

I have similar reports from many people who had TKR.  The HTO allows me to keep doing some activities that I couldn't do with a TKR.  I understand the HTO is a temporizing procedure so to speak, or a salvage procedure as other have described it. 

Keep up the good work with rehab.  Take care.   
Jim
L Knee: 1980 medial plication (?);1994 medial menisectomy 'bucket-handle tear; 2000 medial menisectomy w/dx mod-severe osteoarthritis; 2002 debridement w/dx severe osteoarthritis; 2003 HTO and LR.6/2/05  HTO hardware removal and debridement arthroscopy, 2009 L knee arthroscopy great result

Offline SuburbanLife

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 09:09:54 PM »
Hi Jim,
Good that you are hearing good feedback on TKRs, I really think more good needs to get out there about it. I am sure that you will know when the time is right to have the knee replaced, I sure did, there was no question. When the time comes, don't hesitate, that is ultimately what will keep you active! Take care...Lisa

support