Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: creeking and water in knee  (Read 1667 times)

Offline p_latto

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
creeking and water in knee
« on: December 20, 2002, 12:02:08 AM »
Hello,  I am a 25 year old male that likes to workout including squats and leg presses.  A few years ago I started to have a creeking noise in both knees.  My girlfriend says it sounds like rice crispies.  Anyway, Now I have a pouch of fluid on the outside of my right knee when bent at 90 degree angle.  I have gone to the dr about the noise but he claims there is nothing to worry about. But It just doesnt sound healthy.  Any suggestions.

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: creeking and water in knee
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 04:04:00 PM »
Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about the crunching unless you have pain with it. It is called crepitus and is not necessarily harmful. However, if you have swelling, something else may be going on. Have you asked your doctor about the swelling?
Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline p_latto

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 10:09:13 PM »
Thank you for your response.I havent yet gone to the dr  because it just appeared about 5 days ago. Im just taking it easy for a week or two and see if it goes away.  What is crepitus caused by?  What exactly is the noise you hear. Thanks

Offline Michelle

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2002, 05:14:56 PM »
Hello

My knees have always made funny noises and I've never had any problems (except now after accident) and they used to swell up and become hot and red.  This used to happen a lot when I was a teenager and I went to the doctors and they said it was nothing, and as it happens they are fine.  My advice would be to go and get them checked out anyway, it won't do you any harm!

Good luck
Ruptured ACL, stretched PCL  tore meniscus and articular cartilage in feaky twisting accident in aug 02.  Arthroscopy sept 02. Had ACL recon 17/05/03, hamstring graft

support