Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 15 Months Post HTO w/LR Hugely Successful  (Read 1817 times)

Offline soccerdoc

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 2
15 Months Post HTO w/LR Hugely Successful
« on: March 06, 2005, 06:51:56 PM »
I am now 15 mo post closing wedge HTO with LR and have resumed virtually all activities including refereeing soccer at NCAA Div 1 level and competitive men's amateur games as well as being able to downhill ski.  The knee is not pain free but the average level of pain is manageable with ceebrex 200mg p/d.  I have had two series of synvisc/supartz injections which helped witht he ongoing effusion.  I will be having the internal fixation hardware removed at some point in the future as it is causing some pain and irritation in the anterior tibilalis and there is hardware pain limiting my ability to fully strengthen the hamstring.

I was fuyll weight bearing at 6 weeks post op.  Refereed under 16 premier soccer at 12 weeks with OS approval and was skiing and gate judging at alpine races at 14 weeks.  This was a very beneficial procedure for me as it has enabled me to resume virtually all activities with tolerable pain and enable me to do them wiith my scholar-athlete teenagers.

My OS is please but witht he severity of the osteoarthritis he seems pretty certain I will need a TKR.  I have modified the activities I do in hopes of denying him this opportunity.

Any questions ...ask me here or via email...........................Jim

« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 06:55:02 PM by soccerdoc »
L Knee: 1980 medial plication (?);1994 medial menisectomy 'bucket-handle tear; 2000 medial menisectomy w/dx mod-severe osteoarthritis; 2002 debridement w/dx severe osteoarthritis; 2003 HTO and LR.6/2/05  HTO hardware removal and debridement arthroscopy, 2009 L knee arthroscopy great result

shadehawk

Re: 15 Months Post HTO w/LR Hugely Successful
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 12:34:26 PM »
Jim,

Congratulations on all your progress - wow, you have done really well.  Hope that you can stave off the TKR also.

Good luck to you, glad to hear of all your success.

Hugs,  ;)

Shade