Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Scary Episode with my leg  (Read 5447 times)

SL99

Re: Scary Episode with my leg
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2003, 05:10:12 PM »
Hi Juliet,

Thanks for the advice regarding the spasms, it's much apprecaited - although sadly this kind of thing doesn't work for me as I'm completely unable to move any of my contracted body parts. :'(

I'm still having tests, but it seems like I have a widespread psuedodystonia from my connective tissue disorder which causes my ligamnets and muscles to tremor and contract violently. The other night I looked like I had Tetanus as I was pinned to the bed by rigid mucles and shockwaves of electric shock types spasm - pretty freaky and scary!  :o

And wouldn't you just know it, the new pain meds I've been put on actually make it worse - talk about a rock adn a hard place!!  ::)

Thanks again for your advice Juliet, and I hope that your own spasms aren't causing you too much problems. Welcome to the board adn I look forwrad to talking to you some more in the future. Feel free to IM me if you ever want a natter.  :)

With love.....Jo
xx
« Last Edit: February 03, 2003, 05:11:40 PM by SL99 »

SL99

Re: Scary Episode with my leg
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2003, 09:24:38 PM »
That's the weird thing, there doesn't seem to be any particular trigger to them - although as I've said the Celebrex has made them worse. I get twinges and tremors all through the day and the really big contracture can fire off at any time.  :-/

I guess I just get odder all the time! For instance I went for a blood pressure test today as they suspected me of having postural hypotension...but found that instead of dropping my blood pressure actually shot up! Seems that I may have a rare situation where the blood pressure fluctuates erratically.  ::)

Trust me not to do things by the book!!

Jo
xx