Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: newbie question- knee popped  (Read 828 times)

Offline lhall85917

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
newbie question- knee popped
« on: March 01, 2005, 09:34:28 PM »
My daughter is 19 and had a Fulkerson about a year and a half ago.  The other day while making her bed, she did something and felt her knee pop (same leg as the Fulkerson).  Since then it has been very sore and swollen, but not bruised.  There isn't any obvious sign of dislocation.  She has been keeping it iced, but still is very sore.  Any thoughts on what might have happened or what she should be doing?  She tends to have joint problems in general - has dislocated a shoulder while sleeping besides other injuries that were not through accidents.
Thanks for any help

Offline lisa_elliott

• Regular Poster
Re: newbie question- knee popped
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
I think she should go and see the doc. But my friend has been in a similar situation, and whilst on holidays she just streched her knee one morning before getting out of bed.  It poped and then it swelled up heaps, although it was really sore it still felt stable.  She has had knee problems in the past, but in the other knee. In the end she just had a bit of cartlage loose in her knee.  She just got it operated on to get it removed.

Good Luck
Lisa
August, 2004: Netball Injury, complete ACL tear (right knee).
September, 2004: ACL reconstruction, hamstring graft
February, 2005: First Water Ski Racing Event. (Placed 3rd)
March, 2005: Second Water Ski Racing Event. (tore Medial Ligament)

Offline Womble4eva

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Not as bouncy as I used to be!
Re: newbie question- knee popped
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 10:02:56 PM »
I would suggest her seeing someone just ot be sure that everything is ok, as pain and swelling is a sign that maybe something has happened. It is probably nothing major, but best to get it seen to anyway, even if it just for piece of minds sake. For now it si good to be icing and try and keep the knee elevated as much as possible, that should help with the swelling.
Hope it all goes well. Let us know how it goes!
Knees can be a right pain sometimes!!

support