Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Winter Holiday Injury  (Read 869 times)

Offline shoozb

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Winter Holiday Injury
« on: February 28, 2005, 03:42:08 PM »
Hello,

I have been an enthusiastic snowboarder for 13 years now, and at Christmas, i went away on holiday for a month boarding to France.  I did not prepare myself with a fitness programme like i should've, and i came back at the end of January with pains in my knees.  I thought this was due to strenuous riding everyday, even thought most days were just half days, with the holiday being for such a length of time, rather than a week.  I have been back for 4 weeks now, and the pain is still there.  It is at the sides of each knee and seems to be everytime that i am sat for a while and i get up, the pain is there, or if i bend my knees at all, like if i sit on the floor crossed legged or i just get up from my desk.  It also hurts when i am getting out of bed.  It is getting very uncomfortable, and i would be most appreciated if you could give me some advice, as i dont want to waste my doctor's time, if it is just a strain, as to whether i should see the doctor or a professional practice.  I want to start at the gym within the next week attending fitness classes, but i dont know if it is ok for me to do so.  I have never had this problem before.

Offline ProfLiebstrom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • fin
Re: Winter Holiday Injury
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 03:47:06 PM »
Go see the doctor! You aren't wasting their time at all if you have a health problem even if it is just a strain! Thats what they are there for and it's their job!

That's something about us in the UK we seem to be reluctant to see doctor's because we are afraid we are wasting their time and it's nothing much and will be fine in a few weeks. I know cause I used to be exactly like it! That's why my knee has gotten so bad! Go get it checked my friend!

Offline fuffy

• Forum Faithful
  • To ride or not to ride - What a stupid question!
Re: Winter Holiday Injury
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 05:49:06 PM »
I agree with the Prof!
You loose nothing by going to the doc. And if there is something wrong you will at least stand a chance of being mended soon... Val d'Isere is nice at Easter too.
Good luck
Fuffy ::)
Arthroscopy in January. Follow up 22.2 05. MRI. Now awaiting ACL reconstruction and possible MCL and meniscus work on April 1st

support