Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Prolotherapy?  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Seth

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Prolotherapy?
« on: December 18, 2002, 04:00:22 AM »
Quick question - I had VMO advancements on both knees, one failed.  Looking at a lateral release for this one.  What is the normal recovery time for pain free walking.  I'm not looking to play sports, however right now my lateral structures are so tight I have to wear a J-brace to walk!!  Without the brace the entire knee is unstable and the tendons running over the patella are sore.  Are these symptoms normal for anyone else??Once I put the brace on this is all remedied.
Please don't send me any horror stories, I don't like bad news!!!

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Prolotherapy?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2002, 05:11:53 AM »
No Horror stories, okay Seth I will try not to scare you. ;) It is important to make sure that the LR is being done for the correct reasons. The LR can remedy something like a lateral tilting patella much better than it can remedy something like a laterally tracking patella. It's important to make sure you are a good candidate. I had a LR, not a horror story, I had complications but I had a great surgeon who fixed me up and I recovered much quiker than any of them had estimated. My right patella no longer tilts Laterally. I am still here because my problems are more extensive than a laterally tilting patella, but that problem is no longer present. There..I think I made it through without any horror stories.
Hope you get teh help you need..being in pain isnt fun at all. Take care
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

support