Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Rubber band feeling in Quad tendon  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Talli05

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Rubber band feeling in Quad tendon
« on: February 27, 2005, 05:26:52 AM »
Just had my third surgery, scar tissue removal, i've been doing CPM and cryocuff. Things dont seem to be going well, my pain level is higher than my other two surgeries (plica removal) and when i feel the most swollen area of my knee, in the quad tendon area it feels like a rubber band, does anyone have a similar experience or have any idea what this means if anything
                                        Laura
2 surgeries dedicated to plica removal. 1 to remove scar tissue in my left knee. And another “pie crusting” of my IT Band. As of 2012 I am still not recovered.

Offline imnotpunk

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • stupid knee!
Re: Rubber band feeling in Quad tendon
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 05:35:55 AM »
Did you have an MUA along with your lysis of adhesions (scar tissue removal)? I'm wondering because tearing a few fibers in the quadriceps muscle is very common after an MUA (I unfortunately suffered a complete rupture of my quad after my last MUA...just something ya gotta deal with, sucks but whattaya gonna do, eh?)

After having scar tissue removal, it is common to experience more pain than you'd expect, ESPECIALLY if you also had an MUA (manipulation under anesthesia). The pain should subside within a week or two, but if not you should definitely let your OS know.

You may want to let your OS know about the "rubber band feeling" in your knee just in case, however, just to be on the safe side.

It is a common misconception for people to think that after a scar tissue removal surgery, they'd have better ROM right off of the bat. Your knee has been through a traumatic experience with this latest surgery, so you need to make sure to stay in the CPM as much as possible and follow your doctor's orders and specifications on how far he wants you to go (ROM wise) in the CPM. Otherwise, get lots of rest and ice, take your pain meds as precribed, and focus on maintaining that ROM at PT -- you'll be able to re-gain strength later on. Chances are, you already could be lying down some more scar tissue so you want to make sure to focus on your ROM first and foremost. :)

Best wishes,
Patricia
R knee:
08/03-meniscal repair, LR
01/04-MUA, LOA
03/04-MUA
08/04-patellar tendon reconstruct. w/hamstring, menisci repairs, lateral/medial releases
10/04-MUA, LOA, debride., marsupialization, lateral release
12/04-MUA, LOA, meniscectomy
L knee:
09/05-meniscectomy, chondroplasty, microfracture

Offline Talli05

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
Re: Rubber band feeling in Quad tendon
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 05:11:59 AM »
He did not do an MUA, thank god... he's not an aggressive OS at all, partly why i still go to him i pretty much already have full ROM the cpm is just for preventing the reccurence of the scar tissue, I'm going to get the stitches removed on Monday but he won't be there so I have to wait another 3 weeks to see him...
2 surgeries dedicated to plica removal. 1 to remove scar tissue in my left knee. And another “pie crusting” of my IT Band. As of 2012 I am still not recovered.