Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ACL in London  (Read 1208 times)

Offline fuffy

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • To ride or not to ride - What a stupid question!
ACL in London
« on: February 25, 2005, 05:34:28 PM »
Hi there-
Now it's my turn to ask for help: Has anyone out there had ACL reconstruction at the London Bridge Hospital? What was it like there? Did your insurance (BUPA) pay for it? My consultant says I am to see Mr Glen Vardi. Is he nice ... er I mean is he the kind of guy who answers questions and makes you feel better about it all? Which variety of reconstruction did he do? And Why? (Sounds like something from Cilla Black!)
Are you really able to travel when they let you go home? I will be getting on a plane to get back to Jersey - Somebody will meet me in Jersey. Am really rather nervous about it all
Thanks in advance
Fuffy
Arthroscopy in January. Follow up 22.2 05. MRI. Now awaiting ACL reconstruction and possible MCL and meniscus work on April 1st

Offline kneed

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: ACL in London
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 10:57:38 PM »
Hi Fuffy,

I have had 2 operation at London Bridge Hospital but not by Mr Vardi. The hospital is fine & I believe Mr Vardi is good. If you let me have your email address I will send you an article about him that will please you.

Good luck,
Kneed.

Offline carD

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 12:10:52 AM »
I wasn't allowed to fly 2 weeks after surgery cause of bloodclot potential? You should definitely ask a doctor RE that... good luck, Carol ???

Offline fuffy

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 08:47:17 AM »
Thanks Guys!!! 8)
 My Consultant says I will be allowed to come home after 3 nights. Maybe coz the plane only goes up to 1800feet, and that only for a few mins...
Arthroscopy in January. Follow up 22.2 05. MRI. Now awaiting ACL reconstruction and possible MCL and meniscus work on April 1st

Offline Ferris

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 09:07:32 AM »
I had my acl reconstruction done at London Bridge Hospital on 20 January 2005 and couldn't fault it.  i also had a diagnostic arthoscropy done there two years ago and was happy to come back there and have the reconstruction done there.  I see Mr Dominic Spicer at that hospital so I can't comment on your surgeon but everyone has always been very friendly, approachable and professional.  I chose this hospital as it is virtually opposite my office so it makes out patient appointments very easy.

Rachel

Offline fuffy

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 06:16:28 PM »
 :D Thanks Ferris!!!  :D

support