Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Still No Improvement After Arthroscopy!  (Read 855 times)

Offline William

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Still No Improvement After Arthroscopy!
« on: February 24, 2005, 09:52:12 AM »
Hi
About three Months ago I had a Arthroscopy on my right knee, this was due to a thickness tear through the Posterior Horn of the Medial Meniscus.
Since then I have been doing all the suggested exercises for the Quad Muscles, and also quite a lot of Walking.
Unfortunately after feeling better for the first couple of weeks, the pain has now return, and to be honest
I do not feel that there has been any real improvement.
I have mention this to my Physio, who advises me to be patient, and that I will feel better in time.
Also the swelling in the Knee still remains, which does not offer encouragement to the situation.
Frankly I begining to feel that maybe the operation has not been a success,
and wondering what I should do next.
His there anybody on this forum who could advise me what I should do now, I have made the appointment to see the Surgeon again, but I am not too hopeful of the outcome.

Best
William

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Still No Improvement After Arthroscopy!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 11:43:02 AM »
hi William, i'm sorry to hear you are still going through alot of trouble. :p That's not fun at all. I think you've made the first two good steps talking to your PT and then booking an appointment to see the Surgeon.  Do you know if they did a repair of the mensicus or did they just cut it out? This can make a difference in your healing time as well as your outcome. I'm sorry that you are still in so much pain, it's really frustrating. I'm 6 months out from a LR surgery and not getting anywhere.. :p it's frustrating. Keep up the good work in PT and keep up with the ice for that puffiness. And goodluck when you see the Surgeon.

Hugs
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline William

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Still No Improvement After Arthroscopy!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 12:09:02 PM »
Thank you for your reply Linds.
Actually they remove part of my Mensicus.
Also it still feels a little bit tender under the kneecap area.
Don't know if this is significant.
Sorry to hear that you are having problems as well.

Regards
William