Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Both knees need surgery!  (Read 824 times)

Offline subdude

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Both knees need surgery!
« on: February 22, 2005, 06:05:18 PM »
    Hello, this is my first post here and i'm glad I found this site it's going to be very infomative for me. At any rate, exactly 3 weeks ago today I had a freak skiing accident where I went into a backward slide with my skis on a 45 degree angle so I was technically doing the splits while in a backward slide until me left knee could only take so much stress then POP the knee buckled and the rest is history. The back of the ski combined with a stiff ski boot just held me right in a position that I could not have got out of. It happened so fast. MRI results indicated a "Terrible Triad" Torn ACL, partial tear of the MCL, and torn medial meniscus. Now this accident occured on the left knee which was in great shape. However, my right knee is the one that's been bothering me for 15yrs i've already had two surgeries on it to clean it up from debris and torn mensicus the last procedure being in 1998. That being said, the OS examined me yesterday and also felt some damage in the right knee. So now I have to go through recontructive knee surgery on the left knee in April but he wants Xrays on the right knee as well said it felt like I had no ACL in the right knee   :( So it looks like i'm in for a long summer with the possibility two reconstructive knee surgeries 3 months apart. Things went from bad to worse and I love Alpine skiing I'm an advanced skier and work in the industry as an instructor.  You have to keep a positive attitude on all things that life throws you. Through hard work and determination i'm hoping i'll be back on skis sometime during next years ski season.  :o

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: Both knees need surgery!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 06:22:47 PM »
Welcome to our little group, sorry you had to join.  Your accident sounds very bad! :o :(  Sorry it happned, and you are right it looks like you have a long summer ahead.  Look forward not back and don't let yourself get into the "what if's" - makes the mental recovery much slower.  Gook luck with your surgery and keep in touch.

:D      H U G S   and   E N C O U R A G E M E N T   coming your way ! ! !     :D
Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline Flame

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 06:40:04 PM »
Yes, sorry you had to join, but glad you're here!! I haven't been on this site very long either. Your accident sounds horrible!!! O U C H !!

Rozzzie is right. Don't look back!! Keep your spirits up.  ;D

shadehawk

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 07:12:40 PM »
Welcome to the board.

Wow, that was a bad accident you had.  You have found the right place though.

Good luck with the upcoming surgery.  Let us know how everything is going with you.

Shade  ;)

support