Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Femoral osteotomy questions- new to website  (Read 886 times)

Offline knees are a pain

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Femoral osteotomy questions- new to website
« on: February 21, 2005, 06:05:28 PM »
Hi,

I didn't know a website like this existed, so I'm excited to share stories with you.

I am 4 weeks post op from a femoral osteotomy.  Although this is my 6th knee surgery (mostly ACL and meniscus work), this is the longest rehab of all my surgeries.  Can anyone tell me the average length of having to use crutces after a femoral osteotomy.  I'm still feather weight bearing with a Don Joy brace.  I don't see my surgeon for another 2 weeks, so everything for now is status quo, I am just having a hard time being so immobile.  I've heard an average of about 3-4 months with crutches..........is this factual or is this more of a "worst case scenario"?

Also, as far as rehab goes, I'm limited right now to leg lifts and felxion and extension without the brace on.  Has anyone else been given other exercises they could do?  I feel like I should be doing more, but I know there isn't much when you aren't weight bearing and have to wear the brace.

Thanks.

shadehawk

Re: Femoral osteotomy questions- new to website
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 06:26:32 PM »
Hi and welcome to the board.  I have no experience with your surgery, but there are two sections that might be of interest to you - 'Rehab Dept.' - 'Post-Op Diary' and 'Arthritis Dept.' - Changing the forces through the Joint'.  You should be able to find a lot of info regarding your surgery and be able to chat with others with the same situation as you.

Good luck,  ;)

Shade

support