Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Remember this: "I hate PT I hate PT I hate PT"  (Read 939 times)

Offline PattiAnn237

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Remember this: "I hate PT I hate PT I hate PT"
« on: February 20, 2005, 04:41:44 PM »
Many many months ago I started a post with that title.  I have not been to PT since september, but I went to see a new doc last week and guess what??  6 weeks of PT!!!

Im a little nervous, because last time I went there they seemed to have run out of things to do with me.  However, this doc wrote specific things he wants done, do you think that will make things easier??

Also, I had a cortisone shot, and while Im not pain free, the pain does seem less intense (is that from the shot or just a coincidence?)  so perhaps PT will be a bit more productive this time!!

Anyway i go this tuesday, and Im crossing my fingers that i won't come home and post about how i hate PT!!

Hugs, ~Patti
25 y/o
Left knee- lateral tilt, lateral tracking, arthritis
LR 8/5/04 (failed)
Diagnostic Scope- 5/2/05 (scar tissue removed)
Holding off on TTT till I can get through school!

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Remember this: "I hate PT I hate PT I hate PT"
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 04:58:23 PM »
Hey Patti !!

Why not make a new one " I love PT I live PT I love PT" ?
Anyway I want you to have it like this now when you go for another round of PT. Just my wish for you...and for the rest of us also who struggle on with our loving excercises. Maybe we can make a new I love rock'n roll in I love PT & Excercise ?!
The cortizone usually take some days but some people can have effect of it pretty fast.
Good luck to you !!

hugs Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

shadehawk

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 05:02:56 PM »
Patti,

Good luck with the PT.  Hey, we all hate the boring exercises - even though we know they are so good for us to do.  Hope the cortisone shot works for you and gives you some relief.

Let us know how your session goes on Tuesday!!

Hugs,  ;)

Shade

Offline hottubpam

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 07:02:32 PM »
Hi Patti,

Have you thought about getting a referral to a different PT facility???  I have been to 3 different PT faciliities here where I live.  The first one was AWFUL and was a total waste of my time and money.  The 2nd one was very good but wasn't covered by my insurance.  The one I'm with now is great and I can't wait to go back.  I just had my 4th knee op and have to wait for the stitches to come out on Thursday before I can go back to PT.

I know there are others out there that have outstanding experience with PT.  If you aren't happy with the place you go, go somewhere else!!!

Good luck,
Pam
ACLR, Menisectomy 3/04; ACL resection, Cyclops lesion removal, LOA & MUA 10/04; LOA, LR & AIR 12/29/04;#4&5 surgery on 2/9/05 & 3/2/05 debridement, irrigation & lavage, portal closure; #6  LOA, AIR, LR & other releases 12/9/05; #7 surgery 1/18/06 portal closure, lavage, debrid etc #8 skin graft 3/06

Offline mhsflute07

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 07:32:20 PM »
Hmmm.....maybe there should be a list of "top PT places" on here like the one for knee doctors.

~Erin~
June 2, 2005 TTT/LR  R.
July 26, 2005 TTT/LR  L.
June 6, 2006 Microfracture R.
June 5, 2007 Microfracture & Screw Removal R.
March 12, 2009 Scope and ACI Biopsy R.
May 12, 2009 TTT, Trochleoplasty R.
December 15, 2009 ACI (patella) & bilateral hardware removal
December 21, 2010 LOA and LR

support