Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Lizzie - UK's Mom  (Read 2715 times)

Offline Lizzie_Mom - UK

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Lizzie - UK's Mom
« on: February 18, 2005, 07:02:08 AM »
Hello

This is my very first time on a computer and it is also the first time that I have been on a bulletin board.  My name is Irene and I am Lizzie's mum - Lizzie - UK.

I thought that I would introduce myself to you, whilst I am up and I am down at Lizzie's place looking after her and her cat.  I think that her cat is after more attention. 

Lizzie has only just this minute got off to sleep.  I feel so sorry for her.  I don't know how she keeps on going.  The pain and tiredness and general being ill must get her down, but she is just awesome in her attitude.  There are times when she is very depressed and no matter what everyone says, she finds it better that she deals with it herself at that period of time, although I do like to keep an eye on her.

I don't know what has happened recently in the last day or so, but something has really upset her.  She won't actually admit that there is something wrong, but one thing I do know for sure is that my daughter is upset about something.  This is the reason I have come on here, with the help of my husband.  He is the one that spends his entire life on the computer, since his retirement.  Can't get him off his computer at home, although most of the time I see that he is only playing solitaire.

If anyone can shed some light into why she is down at the moment.  I would be most grateful.  I have a definite feeling that it is something to do with a message on here, but she won't say anything.  She will probably not want me to post a message on here, but I don't want my daughter getting uptight and stressed out.  This only leads to her suffering with more pain.

I do know that she finds this bulletin board very helpful and I know that she does spend quite a bit of time on her laptop, whether it is on this bulletin board all the time, I don't know, but in the past day, she has got really bad.

I have spoken to her GP and I know that she is suffering with her Fibromyalgia as well as her other assortment of problems, but also now that she has ballooned up with her swelling, I know this does not help, but I don't think that it is this.  She has stopped using her laptop nearly altogether and this is her link to the World outside her 4 walls.

If anyone can help me and her papa, we would be most grateful.

Yours faithfully
Irene

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
Re: Lizzie - UK's Mom
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 12:53:38 PM »
Please tell Lizzie that we are thinking of her and miss her ray of sunshine that she brings to the board. She is missed and we want her back!!

missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 02:51:05 PM »
We miss Lizzie, her great attitude is so uplifting.  She can post that she is having a bad day and still stop and offer hope and encouragement to others.  Her attitude is wonderful.

Please give her a HUG for me!!

Wishing Lizzie the best and praying for better days ahead!
Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

shadehawk

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 05:51:26 PM »
HUGS & WELL WISHES TO YOU LIZZIE

Everyone on this site have been enriched by your daughter.  She is a great girl and we all are concerned for her.  I have been away recently and do not know about this post that you are mentioning, but a post can be removed if doctor's names have been used.  Lizzie understands this & also knows that if something like that has happened it is for her benefit as well. 

Tell Lizzie we miss her and wish her well.  Hopefully we will be chatting with her soon.  She respects you and your hubby very much and will let you know in her own time what is wrong. 

Good luck,  ;)

Shade

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 98
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 06:30:22 PM »
Hi Irene
I understand that Lizzie has been a bit distressed about a message she posted on the board - and which was deleted by one of the moderators. Sometimes a post is deleted if I or a moderator feel that it may lead to a doctor being upset with me for displaying content which may cause him/her any discomfort. Lizzie was asking for assistance from the board in composing a letter to her doctor.

On reading the deleted letter, I felt that the content was perhaps best kept private, as there was some criticism of the medical system which I felt might lead them to complain to me about the letter being on a public forum.

Lizzie has always been an asset to the board, and I trust that this will not deter her from continuing to participate. I am sorry if she is feeling low at the moment, and I do hope that her medical appointment can be expedited.

Take care

KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 06:34:53 PM »
Just for clarification - I have no problems with doctors or organisations being mentioned by name unless the content and context might lead them to be distressed with me as site owner. I run the site on a very thin shoe-string and could not afford to defend any negative action against me.
--
KNEEguru

Offline Ronxski

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 06:47:23 PM »
Hi Irene, in my two months time on this board . I have come to look forward to reading your wonderful daughters posts. Her words of  inspiration and times of trials have been an inspiration to us all! Having that posting partially deleted had really seemed to be the thing that contributed to her recent condition. Just a lack of communication it appears, and I had hoped she would be  back on here with the rest of us. I am going to send you a Personal Message as well. Thank you so much for getting on here and letting us know! You and your husband are wonderful people for caring so much. I can see where she gets it from! Ron
partial meniscus removal, posterior horn of medial meniscus tear,horizontal cleavage type. Dec. O4
Age 56
back to cross country skiing and biking.

Offline Lizzie_Mom - UK

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 08:15:16 PM »
Thank you to everyone for their replies, including Kneeguru.  I do appreciate that you all have taken the time to reply.

I have managed to speak with Lizzie who has been told by the doctor that she must have strict bed rest and therefore has been unable to get to her computer.  She has explained to me that her being upset was nothing to do with being on this board.  She was worried and anxious that she had made someone else upset but since Kneeguru had replied back to her she was okay.  She has just hit a time when everything has got on top of her.  She is suffering with both her knees, as well as all her musculoskeletal problems.  Along with the Fibromyalgia it is a lot to have to deal with.  She has also experienced a problem with her medication and also in the last week she has been experiencing problems with swelling in her body, especially in her legs to her toes.  She has had 2 doctors out to see her and they have not been able to help her!!  I know that she is wanting to get her surgery on the way after seeing the consultant in early January this year.  She has been told that she needs an MRI, in fact, I was with her when she saw him.  Apparentlly there is a 22 week waiting list and she has not ever got an appointment.  I found out that the MRI centre had not received the necessary paperwork to authorise it after 3 weeks and I had to organise for them to get them and now that they have them it might be another 2 weeks before they could send out an appointment.  Her dad and I decided that we would pay for the MRI as her medical insurance did not cover it.  Her medical insurance does cover surgery though, but there is only an amount of £300 for physio, which is nothing compared to what she will need for her rehab.  She had got in contact with the MRI Centre and they were still messing her around and think that this has just stressed her out so much more than it would normally do.  

I will pass onto her your kind messages and no doubt that she will be back on the bulletin board once she is better.

Thank you for all your help.
Kind regards
Irene

Offline Lizzie_Mom - UK

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 08:21:24 PM »
I forgot to say that the consultant's private secretary has called me back and has said that she has spoken to him and he has said to apologise on his behalf and that he is going to speak to his NHS secretary and will arrange for Lizzie to get an NHS appointment as soon as she possibly can.  I will be going along with her to give her as much support as she needs and also to back her up with anything that she cannot remember.

I would just like to say thank you once again for everyone's kind messages and support.  I know that Lizzie will be very happy to know that you are all there for her.

Irene

shadehawk

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2005, 08:30:55 PM »
Irene,

I am just so glad that Lizzie has both of you for support.  She has really gone through some rough patches of late - hopefully now they will get moving with her appointment.  It is so darn frustrating!!

Hopefully, Lizzie will get some needed relief soon.  We all miss her.

................Sending good vibes her way..............
Hugs,  ;)

Shade

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2005, 09:18:05 PM »
It's great that you have managed to get the appointment moved forward. It must be very frustrating having to wait when you are in such discomfort.
--
KNEEguru

Offline Beth_T

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Knees - who came up with the idea?
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2005, 09:47:37 PM »
Hi Irene

Please give Lizzie a BIG Hug from me, and tell her that when she's up to it we would all like to see her back on the boards.

The hospital merry-go-round as I call it, can be a nightmare.  I've "personally" found that if you keep on at them with regards to bumping Lizzie up the waiting lists, they'll do it (well sometimes!  :-\    ).  It's worth a shot though!

Again big hugs to Lizzie and one to you too for being a super mum!

Beth xx
Had a not needed LR op due to a fall
Found out that nerve damage was causing the pain, acupuncture worked - all ok :)

Offline Lizzie_Mom - UK

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2005, 10:11:33 PM »
Thank you everyone again for your kind messages.

I am getting quite good at using this computer.  I've only lost a few messages so far, but I have been given expert advice from Lizzie and her dad too!  It just takes me a long time to find where all the keys are and that it looks alright too.  I might even try and put one of those cute little yellow faces that everyone uses too.  :)

Dear Beth - you are very sweet in your reply.  I will tell Lizzie what you have to say.  As for being a super mom, I think I am just doing what any mother would do for their child.  A big hug back to you too. :)

Kind regards
Irene

Offline kath

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2005, 12:38:44 AM »
Hello Irene...so glad that you and Lizzie's father are there for her and so supportive.  Hopefully your involvement has speeded things up for her.  Please let Lizzie know that we miss her, are thinking of her and hope she is feeling better very soon.  And let her know how well you are doing at posting on this site!  ALWAYS, something positive can come out of a bad situation!

Kath
Bi-lateral unicompartmental Nov 2004

Offline lasly

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2005, 10:11:11 AM »
 can i send my wormest wishes to u. i do hope lizzie gets better soon, She has given my some great advice, helped my alot. been very suppotive.
i wish her well.
lasly
JULY  2003  right knee. key hole, LR.
DEC 2003,   Left knee, key hole,LR.
MARCH 2004,LR Left knee, key hole.and open, with 7 stitches, nasty infection.also found to have heart problems.
APRIL 5th, open LR and Mediel Reffing,9 staples
April 19th Angiogram, (heart).
TTT 28th Aug 2208, left knee,

support