Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Help with knee dislocation please  (Read 845 times)

Offline DonnaM

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Help with knee dislocation please
« on: February 17, 2005, 05:51:23 PM »
This is our first post here and we hope you can help!

My daughter dislocated her knee in Nov 03 playing netball.  She was in full leg of plaster for 6 weeks and had physio until June 04 when she was then discharged by the hospital.

She is still suffering with aches and pain to the area and we became concerned when following a long haul flight in December the knee became slightly swollen.  In addition, she is experiencing bruising to the area if she kneels down or works on squats or lunges at the gym :(

We have returned to our GP who said the tendons are still swollen under the knee and has referred her back for more physio in the first instance.  She had the first session last week when they used ultra sound.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?  We are considering taking her to see a consultant privately, as she is off to uni this year and desperately wants to get back into her sports!

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks

Donna
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 06:40:04 PM by DonnaM »

Offline mhsflute07

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Help with knee dislocation please
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 11:29:00 PM »
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's knee.

I can't offer much advice on why her knee is still bothering her. More PT is probably good though. I also think getting an oppinion from an orthopedist is a very good idea.

My knees dislocate too. They still are sore all the time and are unstable. So, I think some of the pain is normal.....in a way. I don't have anymore bruising though. I would get it checked by an OS.

Sorry this wasn't too much help. Good luck!

~Erin~
June 2, 2005 TTT/LR  R.
July 26, 2005 TTT/LR  L.
June 6, 2006 Microfracture R.
June 5, 2007 Microfracture & Screw Removal R.
March 12, 2009 Scope and ACI Biopsy R.
May 12, 2009 TTT, Trochleoplasty R.
December 15, 2009 ACI (patella) & bilateral hardware removal
December 21, 2010 LOA and LR

Offline DonnaM

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Help with knee dislocation please
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 10:08:41 AM »
Thanks Erin, reading through many reports on here, it looks as though they don't like to do any surgery.  We were just worried that the strengthening of the muscles will masque any underlying problem, especially as it still bruises on occassions  ???

Donna