Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Weakness after returning to Sport  (Read 740 times)

Offline Razor

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Weakness after returning to Sport
« on: February 17, 2005, 01:52:27 PM »
Hi,

I had my ACL repaired last June, as well as my cartilage. My post op PT went really well, and after 3 months I joined a gym, and began running (slowly at first) but gradually increased to a decent pace.

Last week (after almost 8 months recovering) I returned to playing soccer. For the first 20 minutes or so, all was well, but then I started to feeling that my knee was very weak, and I struggled to continue, eventually having come off. Since then (5 days) I have felt considerable pain, weakness, and the dreaded 'giving' sensations in my knee (although I still have full extension, the leg feels very strong and I didn't hear or feel any 'pop' during the game).

Have any of you had similiar experience? Is it normal for there to still be considerable weakness after returning to sport? Does it take 'extra' time to get back into match fitness?

Advice much appreciated - I've got my fingers crossed so tightly (that I haven't done it any more damage) I think the circulation has been cut off from my hands!!!!

support